Chapter 25: Love Can Never Die

Dylin's P.O.V.

I was still sitting there in the destroyed gym. Jeremy was still in my arms I was about ready to fall asleep but, I didn't want to leave his side. I pulled him closer to me and hugged him. something about him changed I could feel it I just didn't know what. I shrugged it off and continued to hug him I closed my eyes as the slow music from the speaker continued to play. I felt Jeremy's body slightly move and thought Elena was there to say her goodbyes. After all that was her brother. I grab his hand and play with his fingers. I noticed a blue and silver looking ring. I smile as I remember how he always wore it. I thought about all the things that had happened between us.

*Flashback*

"I'm so sorry I didn't even see you." I look at him and he laughs helping me with my stuff.

"It's ok I wasn't really paying attention either." he says. He puts out his hand. "I'm Jeremy." I shake his hand. "Dylin." I say. He smiles. "well it was nice meeting you." he says. he turns around. "See you around Dyl!" he yells. I laugh. His voice echos in my head.

"so why is the new girl walking all by herself?" Tyler asks looking at Jeremy.

"I don't know good question." Jeremy replies, "oh I got it you're a loner." he says waving his finger at me. I smile and nod my head."you caught me. I'm a loner." I say turning around. they walk over again. I laugh at the memory. I think about our first kiss and how, when he kissed me it was like I could stay there forever. like all the problems I ever had just disappeared. I thought about that time we spent in the car ride to the Mystic Grill. when me and Skylar were scream singing and laughing at ourselves and Jeremy just couldn't stop laughing. that was a laugh I could never forget.

*reality*

I felt Jeremy's body flinch again and I look down at him to see his eyes flutter. I look at him confused. I put my head to his chest and her a muffled heart beat. I pull my head away.

"Jeremy?" I say grabbing a scarf that was dropped when people left. I put it under his head and wait for a moment before trying to do CPR. I saw his eyes flutter open and I laugh when I see his beautiful brown eyes open.

"Jeremy!" I yell as I hug him tight. He tries to hug me back. He pulls my ear close to his lips as he whispers.

"I love you, too." in my ear. I smile and turn to see Stefan at the door. He turns to the group of people waiting.

"he's alive." he says as they run towards us. Skylar was the first one to reach me she falls to the ground and hugs me as we laugh and cry together. I watch as Stefan and Damon help Jeremy into a chair. I sit there in Skylar's arms crying over this miracle. Jeremy looks at me and smiles. I try to smile through the tears. I send him a message.
'I thought I lost you." I tell him. he smiles indicating he got it. I hear his voice in my head.

"You will never lose me." he says filling me with love and relief. I got a second chance.