Chapter 19: Losing Control Can Backfire

Jesse's P.O.V.

No one can know what I am. I'm a monster. I almost killed someone. Sure she was trying to hurt Skylar but that's no excuse. All I knew was that I couldn't let anything happen to her.

"Jesse?" I hear my sister Christasia calling me from the back door. I look away from my journal to respond.

"In here Christy." I say as she appears at the door with groceries in her hands. I smile.

"Can you give me a hand please?" she asks sweetly. I nod and get up to grab some bags out of her arms. we go to the kitchen as we start to make dinner

*Salvatore bording house next morning*

Stefan's P.O.V.

"AAAWWWW!" I hear someone scream from across the hall. I leap out of bed and super speed to Skylar and Dylin's room. I stop as I see Damon trying to calm her down and Skylar freaking out and slightly crying. I walk over to her and sit on her bed next to her.

"Skylar what happened?" I ask her. she looks at Damon and Dylin. Dylin was crying into Damon's chest and Damon was strocking her hair and trying to comfort her. I look back at her.

"Skylar." I say. she looks at me.

"uh I don't know she just woke up and started screaming I think it was about Haven." she says letting out a couple tears. I say and pull her into a hug. Our family was finally together and already right before our eyes our family was falling apart. And it was because I lost control and turned Haven.

"Alright Dylin try to sleep okay? you need your rest. you to Skylar. it's been a rough couple of days." Damon says smiling as he tucks Dylin in. I do the same with Skylar and she gives me another hug.

"see ya later Sky." I smile. she smiles to.

"see ya later Stef." she replies. I get up and turn the light out. I close the door and walk back to my room I stop at Damon's door. He was sitting on his bed looking at what looked like an old picture.

"what happen to this family?" he asks looking up at me. I shrug.

"well two of us became vampires and the other two became immortal." I slightly chuckle and he laughs a little, too.

"tomorrow we should get Jeremy over here maybe he can get Dylin to talk again or at least get over this." he says. I nod as I walk away from the door. 

"night Damon." I yell from down the hall.

"night." he calls back.

*later that day at the Gilbert's*

Jeremy's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I answer it with out looking at the contact.

"hello?" I say through my sleepy voice.

"Jeremy? it's Stefan. Damon and I were wondering if you could come over and talk to Dylin." he says I spring up and grab my jeans from a chair and hold my phone between my cheek and my sholder.

"is she ok?" I ask trying to put on my pants. he sighs.

"yeah she's fine she just won't talk to anyone so we're hoping she'll talk to you." he says as I fall to the ground.

"be there in 10." I say hanging up my phone and getting up. I grab a shirt and put it on as I run down the stairs. I jump the last two steps and run to the kitchen to find my sister Elena and one of friends I didn't recognize. I grab an apple as Elena looks at me.

"oh uh hey Jeremy this is Christy she's new in town. Christy this is my brother Jeremy." she says intoducing us. I smile and wave.

"uh Elena I'll be back later I'm meeting Stefan for something. so bye." I say running down the hall to the door.

"it was nice meeting you Christy. see you later Elena." I yell grabbing my sweatshirt  and taking a bite of the apple as I run to the Salvatore house.

When I get to Dylin's I quickly knock before letting myself in.

"Stefan I'm he---" I pause as he walks to the door.

"shhh. she doesn't know you're here it's a surprise come on." he says grabbing my arm and leading me to her room. He opens the door and has me wait in the hall.

"Dylin you have company." he says. he looks at me and I walk in as her face lights up. I smile at the sight.

"I'll leave you two alone." he says walking out of the room. I laugh and Dylin playfully rolls her eyes. I sit down at the end of her bed.

"how have you been doing?" I ask her. she shrugs. "come on you can talk to me." I say. she looks at me with worried like eyes.

"ok I guess." she says quietly. I smile and throw my arms in the air.

"and she speaks." I say laughing. she playfully punches me in the arm.

"oh shut up." she says as we laugh I look at her and it was perfect. the way the light from the way window hit her. it was a beautiful sight. I couldn't help it I leaned in and she did, too. the next thing I knew I was kissing her and she was kissing me. when we stopped I smiled and she smiled too before biting her lip. she looks at me her eyes my blue then I've ever seen them.

"What was that for?" she asks as I look deep into her eyes. I smile.

"for being you." I say.

"ah hem." I hear behind me. my smile quickly fades as I jump off the bed. Damon was standing at the door with a glass of bourbon in his hand.

"am I interrupting something?" he asks with his weird smirk.

"No Dame we were just talking." Dylin says.

"Atleast you got her talking." he says taking a sip of his drink. she smiles and rolls her eyes before looking at me.

"You know, you're lucky I like you Jeremy." he says walking out of the room. I give a confuesed look.

"but you don't like me." I say Dylin laughs.

"don't make me change my mind." he calls from down the hall. we both smile and look at each other. I finally got the girl.