05 | flushed cheeks

c h a p t e r | 05
FLUSHED CHEEKS
'Would a 5 year old make your cheeks flush?
__________

"WILL YOU PLEASE JUST STAND STILL FOR A MOMENT?" Indy pushed herself in front of Tessa, pulling the shirt out from her grasp and threw it at the bed, wanting the whole attention on her.

"So you're telling me that you are now Hale's new personal stylist and furthermore you're gonna fly out with him to London for a runway show?" Indy asked for quite possibly the hundredth time in what could only be a time span of a mere 10 minutes.

"Have I been living under a rock?" She asked to no one in particular, feeling as if her brows vanished into her hair by the surprise she could not seem to shake off her.

"Not a rock, I think more like under a mountain of clothes. I could barely find your bed the other day. Seriously, Parker is right, we need bigger closets," Tessa assessed and took in her room, which was just as crowded with clothes as Indy's.

"Tessa focus!" Indy shook Tessa's shoulders, forcing her to look back at her. "Why didn't you tell me before?" Her features turned downwards into a frown by not hearing about the job offer of the century. Really, if anything juicy went down she wanted to be the first one to hear about it and if it also included Hale Westbrook she expected herself to be on speed dial within the first 5 seconds.

"I tried after I got home, but you threw your juice in my face!" Tessa defended herself and stepped around Indy, going back to randomly stuff things into her overnight bag.

"Because I thought you wanted me to walk Mrs. Livingstone's dog again! You know that dog hates me! And lastly you know not to wake me at the butt crack of dawn!" Indy protested as Tessa went to her bathroom to grab her essentials.

"It was 1 o'clock! And if one of us had a reason to be grumpy it was me. I was hungover and bribed into signing a deal with the devil," Tessa sighed heavily and looked at her watch.

"I'm already late and I still have to get to the airport! Please tell me the cab is here?" Tessa hurried to her bag once again, this time zipping it up and slinging it onto her shoulder.

"The cab's here," Indy promptly responded.

"Really?"

"I don't know?" Indy replied with an innocent smile and Tessa glared at her.

"What? It's not like we can actually see the road from here," Indy shrugged and followed her out into the hallway.

"Whatever. I'll be back either tomorrow night or Friday morning for Parker's Sun Kissed shoot."

"Oh yeah. What do you say we spend the weekend there? I'm very good friends with the manager at Costas," Indy lit up by the idea of a whole weekend of relaxation and Tessa looked her over for a moment, before her phone suddenly blew up.

"Hold that thought," she held her hand up to silence Indy who was already dreaming about margaritas by the pool and room service in the Jacuzzi. "Yeah?"

"So when were we supposed to fly out, again?" Hale's voice boomed through the phone and she gripped the phone tighter.

"What?!" She barked into the phone, and she heard Hale sigh dramatically.

"You're blasting my eardrums by your obsessive yelling. I ask—"

"I know what you said and you better be at the fucking airport in twenty minutes or I'm gonna make sure you're gonna be seated out on the wing," she sneered into the phone and heard a loud honking of a horn indicating the cab was waiting.