17 | paid favors

c h a p t e r | 17
PAID ADVICE
'I should give you a twenty.'
__________

Sorry for the long wait guys, I have no words

Sorry for the long wait guys, I have no words. But now it's Christmas! And my schedule is opening up again soon, so don't worry! I promise I'll be back to frequent posting again soon enough! Now enjoy this chap. My Christmas gift to you.

Happy Holidays!
__________

WITH A FINAL SCOWL AT THE DOOR, she steeled herself for what was to come the minute she opened it. Who knew the tip toeing around each other would be just as tiring as bickering and provoking each other.

"I'm not the one who should apologize. It's him. I'm down one credit card and a cellphone due to him," Tessa muttered under her breath while surprising herself with the common curtesy of knocking on the door before she trotted through it. "He got the front page, the commercial and the small feature and what did I get? Parker's old phone who keeps losing battery," she continued to grumble and hung further up in the suit covers.

Another thing that bugged her as Hale had been very vague on the phone. "Casual attire... Funnily, one would think his casual attire didn't need any styling. Besides, he already got a wax."

Out loud, she cleared her throat, "You were very vague on the phone about this thing tonight, so I brought over different choices as I wasn't sure whether it was blazer casual, leather jacket or just minimalistic shirt and slacks," she yapped once again not bothering with a proper hello, thinking the knock would have to suffice and headed straight for the kitchen. "But hey, I actually scored one of the shirts from Duan and I must personal— Oh. Hi," she stopped herself. Her self-pleasant smile of anticipation, from Hale admitting her sweet-talk skills, wavered into one of surprise.

"Hi," the boy, Tessa suspected had absolutely zero excitement for quality shirts, waved lightly before he once again dug his spoon into his cereal as if he hadn't been interrupted.

Tessa titled her head, studying the miniature Hale after fleetingly sneaking a glimpse of her watch, "Ceral for dinner. Now I know why it's called breakfast for champions," she commented with vague sarcasm. Noah just shrugged, causing milk to escape from his spoon and drop down his chin which he quickly wiped off with the back of his hand.

"I like Lucky Charms," Noah stated obliviously, "Hale prefers Cheerios," he grimaced before he took another huge spoonful of charms while Tessa eyed the Lucky Charms box.

"I like Lucky Charms better too." She poured a handful of charms into her hand before throwing one in the air and expertly caught it with a swift crunch, chewing noisily.

"Lucky," Noah grinned and they both chuckled by the cheesiness. Tessa nodded for Noah to try and threw one, only to giggle when it hit him on the nose instead.

"So, you and Hale going out?" She asked offhandedly as Noah finally caught one, wondering where the other Westbrook was. As of right now she was not even sure what she was doing there. Surely Hale did know how to dress himself for a playground date. If not, they had bigger problems than Deluca once again postponing the meeting.