06 | banana talk

c h a p t e r | 06
BANANA TALK
'You would think that until you watch her eat a banana.'
__________

"SO, WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS THAT HE WASN'T EVEN THERE WHEN THEY CALLED HIS NAME?" Indy inquired as they got one step closer to the counter.

Parker let out a groan, "How many times do I have to listen to this?" He shook his head as Tessa and Indy had been at it all morning, and all weekend for that matter.

"He was barely there for half an hour before he vanished into thin air. Poof, and he was gone," Tessa responded getting irritated once again from just thinking about it.

"Poof?" Parker commented with a raised brow, but got ignored.

"And he didn't just leave with that Jessica girl you said he got chummy with during the runway?" Indy questioned, intent on getting to the bottom of it and learn all details as if she was there herself, which was one of the reasons why the conversation had progressed for this long.

"Oh who cares? If it wasn't that girl it was someone else. Isn't that what you always say, Marshmallow? I mean after you saw him all ruffled up after coming back from the restroom, is it really that hard to believe he left the After Party with some girl?" Parker nudged Tessa in the side and pushed her forward as they held up the line.

"All I'm saying is that he left me freaking hanging standing there like a fool! Everyone kept asking me where he went!" Tessa flung her hands, clenching her hands slightly as if the air was Hale and she was slowly choking him to death.

"Well, it's not like he is your responsibility. He's a grown man. He can take care of himself," Parker said and once again nudged Tessa forward as she was too distracted to notice the line moving.

"Parker is right, though I wouldn't mind following him around like a puppy," Indy said with a thoughtful smile, and Parker sighed, grabbing her arm to pull her forward too.

"But you hate dogs," Tessa protested and quirked an eyebrow at her only to get interrupted as her phone blew up, penetrating the chatter in the cafe and she feverishly roamed after it in her purse.

"Felix is not a dog. I love dogs. Felix is the devil incarnate," Indy stuck out her chin with a pout, but Tessa had not time to hear Indy complaining for the hundred and seventeenth time about Mrs. Livingstone's dog as she still could not find the sleek but annoying device that whined out in the air.

"Tessa, it's your turn," Parker spoke up, looking apologetically at the waiting barista.

"Just a sec, I have—. Jeez I swear, I wanna throw that pho—"

"She'll have a tall, non-fat latte, extra foam with a Caramel Drizzle," Parker informed as Tessa kept battling with the blasting phone.

"Arh, got it!" She exclaimed just as it stopped ringing and her face fell as a result.

"Oh and marshmallows!" Parker added with a grin.

"No marshmallows!" Tessa argued and looked at the barista, "What he said, but seriously no marshmallows. Oh, and can I get a blueberry muffin too?" She asked and roamed after her wallet.

Parker tilting his head backwards with disbelief, placed his hands on her shoulders and pushed her to the side, "You might complain about Hale being late, but seriously you're the reason why coffee deprived people get even more annoyed by waiting unnecessarily," he said to his best friend before turning his attention back to the poor barista.

"Add that to a Grande Caramel Macchiato with a shot of hazelnut and a Grande White Chocolate Mocha," he said already with his credit card out.

"I can pay for myself, you know," Tessa scowled at him.