20.2 | liquid stupidity

c h a p t e r | 20.2
LIQUID STUPIDITY
'I'm so wet.'
__________

Ready for part two? I know I am.

__________

__________

IT HAD BEEN A WHILE since she had seen anything to Hale, and if it wasn't for Parker she would have felt completely misplaced at the party. Or well more so than she already did.

This was not her scene, mingling and drinking in plain sight among the models, the designers, the firms and the benefactors. She had been absolutely okay with standing behind the curtain, in fact she preferred it.

Especially, considering she felt like she had to watch her every step. She found herself keep squaring her shoulders, and cross her foot in front of the other. A thing which she hadn't done in years.

The queasiness might have something to do with her having more drinks than she would have suggested to Hale, but she felt she needed the outlet. Something to pull her out of the state of inferiority.

"One would think being an In Demand model would correspond to me getting more photoshoots, right?" Parker continued his rant, while Tessa was back to listening with just one ear.

"But noooo, John just pulled me aside and said I got booked for another runway. Another one."

"But that's a good thing," Tessa disagreed, as she could not see what the problem was, but Parker just scowled at her.

"It takes time from the prints! I heard Clash was interested using me as the face of their brand, but that totally fell through due to scheduling conflicts."

"I still don't see the problem," Tessa spoke into her half-empty glass of champagne, already having lost count of how many she had had. "Clash is stupid."

"That's not the point, Tessa," Parker nudged her reprovingly, and she looked up at him distracted.

"You know as well as I do that pictures last forever today. Print models are those people remember."

"True, but a catwalk makes it even easier to show off your personality and better your appeal."

"It's not that I don't like doing runways, 'cause I do. It's fun, and it's an easy pick up place—" Parker frowned and stared at his own glass for a minute as if he realized he wasn't exactly arguing his case like he expected, and Tessa let out a giggle. "Anyways! A picture tell a 1000 words. Isn't that what they say?"

"Well, that is true. The picture of you at the water park was especially descriptive," she continued to giggle and Parker let out a defeated grunt.

"You peed in the water," Parker hissed defensively.

"I already told you I didn't. It was that stupid kid that kept following me!"

"Maybe it was because your bottoms kept crawling up your ass."