Chapter 17

Ali's POV

I can't feel...

My whole body is numb..I'm stiff ,still.

I can only think...

I hear faint noises but not I can't completely hear.

My eyes won't open...because I don't want them to...I don't want to be awake and face everyone...especially Jace.

I want to die.

But of course my attempt didn't work out as my luck is shi*ty.

All I see is black...oblivion if you will.

There's nothing...absolutely nothing...it's as if I'm in space except there's no stars...or planets...just nothing...just black.

"Al...Plea...open...you...ey..." I heard a faint voice speak. Not enough for me to recognize the voice but I know someone's there.

I just want to be left alone...

Why can't anyone understand that ?

I just want to drift off into another world until my heart beats the last beat.

_________

Jonah's POV

It's been two weeks.

She hasn't woken up.

She's still laying there almost lifeless in a hospital bed with cold pale skin.

Why won't she open her beautiful green eyes and grace me with her awoken presence ?

God I want her to wake up...

I still can't grasp the fact that she tried to take her own life..but what I really can't handle is the fact that she has been physically and sexually abused.

Why didn't she tell me?

How could she not trust me enough to tell me? To come to me. That's what big brothers are for..to be there for their little sister and to protect them...

I'm undeniably pissed with that Motherfu*cking as*shole Travis.

The day that the doctor told me what happened and what's been happening to my innocent baby sis right after that I stormed out of the hospital leaving Stacey behind and went to Travis's apartment and had beaten him to the pulp.

I wasn't satisfied...I wanted to fuc*king kill him but I knew that if I did it would only end up with me in jail away from Ali...and she needs me.

I had came back and I had stayed all night with Ali..by her side with my hand in hers...and that's the way it's been for the last two weeks.

Her teacher comes every day...he doesn't stay the night but comes and visits her while I give him space to do so alone with her.

I don't know why he does it..he's just her teacher but I somehow feel comfort in knowing that he cares for her..and that he is the one who really saved her and brought her here...and I will never be able to pay him back for it.

All I know is what the doctor told me. I don't know why she did it...or how or even why Jace found her. I didn't ask. My mind is too preoccupied with the fact that Ali is in the hospital and has been a victim of abuse.