Chapter Eleven

The adorable Dalmatian pup gazed at me with wide, sparkling brown eyes as I looked at the dates. I always get distracted by the cute puppies on my calendar. I put my hand over it, focusing on the next week on the page. A blue square stood out, drawing my attention to the date. Counting the days, where the square is will be in the middle of the third week of the assignment. That week was to write and finalize my work, therefore not the most ideal week for a birthday. Twenty-eight, wow. Going by society, I should be married with at least one kid. I admit, I’d love a child and I hope it happens before I’m thirty. I put the marker back in the clip and walked to the bathroom, carefully flicking my hair. Hilda would be here soon, thank goodness. I got up early to perfect my intriguing appearance, which included straightening my hair. I tugged on my dress, which was a black mesh panel piece. It had 72 on the front in a white, bold grunge font. Because of its length, I wore three quarter leggings with rhinestones on the outside with matching black heels. I felt very sleek to say the least, and for the first time in a while, stylish. A soft knock interrupted me adding a reddish-orange lipstick to complete my look. I rubbed my lips gently, answering the oddly early knock at my door.

“Hal,” I blinked with surprise at the charming man. Another suit, of course.

“Good morning.” He grinned, leaning forward to kiss my cheek. “Can I come in?”

“Of course,” I shifted left. Hal fixed his tie as he turned to me. “I don’t know how long I’ll be here though, I’ve got an interview soon.”

“That’s fine, I just wanted to say hi.” He spotted my calendar in the hall, walking forward to observe it. “Your birthday is next week?”

“Unfortunately.” I nodded, folding my arms over the dress. “Lindsey will probably organise some kind of family dinner, my dad will try set me up.”

“You don’t need a set-up this time.” I really did like his cute smile, it was a heartbreaker.

“So is this an official relationship?”

“I think an official one requires an official date,” Hal wondered closer, “but I think so.” I let his arms snake around me, dragging me towards his warm body. Naturally, my eyes closed as Hal leaned down. His nose traced down my cheek, leaving a sensational trail that made my body numb. One thought came to mind as he kissed me hard, his lips dancing on mine. When I kissed Tim, it was slow and warm, but simple. Once Hal touched down, a match had been thrown on the ground. Fire stirred in my stomach, engulfing every inch of my body with a burning rage. He started a fire that could last for days.

“Hal,” I wanted to let his hands continue, which had somehow crawled under my dress, but I had to leave soon.

“I know, don’t worry.” Hal sighed, frowning with annoyed eyes. “Can I at least give you a taste of what you’re missing?”
“Okay?” I’m not sure of what that entails.

“Turn around.” He instructed, leaning against the wall across the calendar. “Now come here.” I walked back, letting Hal’s arms wrap around me again. His hands went in different directions, one up and the other down. After a few seconds I understood, and in those seconds my mind had been blown at least three times. I reached behind me, clutching Hal for dear life. I tore one hand away, stuffing my wrist in my mouth to stop the screaming. Wild waves of emotion ripped through my skin as my knees buckled and I fell. It was like I was having layered orgasms, the intensity of each one doubled and tripled.

“Hal!” My feet slipped, sending me straight to the floor.

“I got you,” he held me up, one arm quickly shoved under me for support. “Are you alright?”

“More than alright.” I have no idea what that was or how he did it, but I’ve never felt this incredible. Not since my days with a man nicknamed the Tongue Tornado. “If that’s just a taste, I don’t think I could handle the full thing.”