Chapter five

When you walk back to the room, you can't believe that you are really healed! While you are drying your wet hair with a towel, you enter the room. Dean is already packing out the food, which he bought and Sam is telling him something.

"Hey." You smile at him and continue the way to your duffel bag. You are so glad that you can wear your normal clothes after Castiel healed you, such as your boots and normal flannel shirt. You join the boys at the table and grab some food from the table.

"So what new case was Cas talking about?" You ask as you bite into an apple.

"Ahh, nothing to worry about, (y/n)." Sam smiles at you, avoiding your look.

"Sam, I'm totally okay now. Tell me what it was about or I will ask him myself." You narrow your eyes on Sam.

"It was about the demons," Dean interrupts.

"So not a new case?" You frown.

"No. Cas just told us that the demon, who escaped, is building his army and he's planning to attack us," Dean says briefly. You look at them in shock.

"Why didn't you want to tell me this?" You turn to Sam.

"I wanted to discuss it with Dean at first," Sam replies softly, still not looking at you.

"Okay. I'll go to my car for something, be right back." You stand up and take your duffel bag on your way out. The boys don't question, why you are taking your bag with you. Why would they? Apparently they don't need your help. More likely they don't want it. Once you put on your red leather jacket, you turn over your shoulder to take a last look on them. They are whispering something to each other, probably about the case. You shake your head as you close the door. And you thought that there's something between you and Dean.

When you sit into your car, you exhale deeply. You start your car and hit the road. While you are driving, you try to contact Castiel. Castiel? Are you there? I need your help.

After 20 minutes of driving, he appears on the passenger seat. You start when you see him.

"Jeez Cas, don't do this anymore to me." You squeeze the steering wheel, trying to calm yourself down.

"Sorry, I thought you wanted to see me," he responds, sounding confused.

"Yeah, I just – Never mind. I wanted to ask you, what do you know about the demons?" You look at him shortly, before you turn back to the street.

"Well, the demon was a partner of the demon you had killed, is building an army against you."

"And where are they?" You question him.

"In Emporia, why?"

"Because I want to finish my job." you sigh.

"Where are the Winchesters?" He turns around as if they are sitting on the back seats.

"Do you know, how many of them it is already?" You ignore his question.

"5 so far." You can feel his gaze on you and how he is looking into your soul, looking for answers, but you won't look at him.

"Just 5?" You laugh.

"(y/n), you should go back. The Winchesters will help you," he tries to convince you.

"Hah, they don't want my help, Castiel." You shake your head. Suddenly Castiel places his hand on your shoulder.

"That's not true. Why do you think that?" He tilts his head.

"Reasons." You shrug.

"(y/n). Trust me. I know this."

"Trust you? Why should I trust you Castiel? You nearly got me killed, remember?" You look at him with anger, but instead of getting mad, your eyes start to fill up with tears. Great. Just great.