Chapter eight

Once all of the bodies are burned, you head to some bar. Castiel and his friends already disappeared and you don't mind at all. Dean and Sam are talking in front of you about where to go next. They mention a few times a place called "bunker", but you aren't really listening to them, thinking. Today was really horrible, even though the hunt went well. You can't stop thinking about the burning bodies and you are really looking forward to drinking some alcohol to get the images out of your mind. It reminded you of your mother, of her funeral if you can even call it that. You had her body burned and afterwards you dispersed her ashes at your favourite place, where you used to go before your mother started hunting again.

Suddenly you remember what your mother kept telling you. That you should never ever let someone get close to you. Those people will become your biggest weakness and you will become theirs, which is what got your mom killed. She had always said that it's better to be on your own. 

As you look at the brothers, you realize that you can't stay with them. It would be too dangerous for all of you, especially for you and Dean, because there is definitely something going on. On top of that you remember what Castiel had done to you. You can't trust people, it could get you killed.

You sigh as you make up your mind. Let's enjoy the last night with them, you think, as you jog next to them and join their conversation.

You find a bar quite close to the motel, which is pretty nice. All of you buy beers and head to the billiard and start playing - you and Sam against Dean.

"Oh, God. Sam, I'm sorry, but I'm terrible at this game." You wince as you almost hit the black ball.

"Okay, let me show you some tricks." Sam gets behind your back and starts adjusting your posture. When he touches your hips, you tense. You raise your head and when you meet Dean's eyes, you see something in his gaze. His jaw is clenched and he's clutching the beer a bit more than he should. 

Once Sam is finally satisfied with how you are standing, you try it one more time. You focus as you aim at a blue ball. To your surprise, it goes smoothly into one of the holes. You exclaim happily and give Sam a quick hug.

"See? It's pretty easy if you know the basics." Sam chuckles. You thank him and start enjoying the game.

Even though you stopped being so bad, Dean still wins, but at least you lost with dignity. It was really fun though and all of you agree on a rematch. You quickly go to the loo and when you come back, Sam is putting on his jacket.

"What? You aren't  staying?" You ask him slightly surprised.

"Yeah, I decided to go to bed. I'm pretty tired." He yawns and looks behind your back. Dean is looking at him with a smirk. What happened when I was gone?

"You can't leave me here! I won't be able to defeat him, c'mon, I need your help, Sam." Sam starts looking from you to Dean, but in the end he leaves you there alone with his older brother. Traitor.

"Okay, I'll need something stronger." You say as you walk to the bar and order juice with vodka. Dean laughs at your choice of drink.

"You call this stronger?" He chuckles and buys himself whiskey. You ignore him and grab a straw, which you place into your glass. He just shakes his head and leads you back to the billiard.

"So, you sure that you want to play with me?" You ask him before you start playing.

"Yeah, of course." He smiles and starts the game. Even though you try really hard, you place only one ball into the pocket after 15 minutes, when Dean has placed already five of them.

"Okay, stop for a second. I can't watch you playing like this anymore." He puts his cue on the table and goes by your side.

"I know that Sammy told you to stand like this, but I know better." He whispers to your right ear as he stands behind you. His voice sends shivers down your spine and you can already feel the blush creeping on your cheeks. Dammit.