2 ⇒ double chocolate

Mackenzie Ziegler

•••

"And I'll have... a double chocolate two scoop with cherries and caramel sauce please!" I say cheekily, tacking my icecream order onto the end of Lauren and Johnny's.

"That will be fifteen dollars altogether." The cashier lady says enthusiastically. I hand over a ten dollar note.

"You sure you can eat all that?" Johnny jokes, poking me in the side.

"Well you can, so why can't I?" I retort, pouting and biting back a mocking smile.

"Because your supposed to be a lady." He grins. Lauren rolls her eyes, bumping his shoulder as we wait.

I snort. "The day I become a lady will be the day you become a gentleman."

We all proceed to take a booth in the corner of the store when handed our icecreams. Lauren and I laugh when Johnny proves his "gentlemaness" by pulling out our chairs before we sit down.

The first week back at school was tough, and we decided to celebrate by going downtown to our local icecream parlour. This is a tradition we've had for years, and I'm sure it's going to continue for many more– after all, who doesn't like double chocolate icecream?

•••

[219 words]

Hiya! This is the first writing piece from cyberbullied ♥︎

Please leave a vote with you when you go if you enjoyed it !