6 ⇒ don't worry about her

Maddie Ziegler

•••

The banging of school lockers being closed can be heard all throughout the halls of Greymere high school, and mixed with the sounds of hundreds of kids talking, yelling, screaming, and laughing, it creates one hell of a din.

"I'm so, so, so glad that that class is over." I say to Jack, my boyfriend, and he nods his head almost instantaneously.

"If she said pythagaros theroum one more time I swear I would've punched her in the face!" Jack emits through gritted teeth, and I laugh.

"I'd like to see you try."

"Oh yeah?" Jack says, turning his head cockily to look at me.

"Mmhmm." I mumble, suddenly spotting Mackenzie within the throng of people coming my way. Perfect, I need to tell her I can't drive her after school. Lilia and I have a project to start.

I call out her name, and she looks up surprisedly from her phone. A stack of papers is sitting in her left arm.

I see it happen all in slow motion.

The schools queen bee, Nadia Turner, rams her shoulder into Mackenzie as she walks through the crowd. Mackenzie's papers of course, go everywhere, and the ghost of a smile can be seen on Nadia's lips as she struts off.

Everyone around Mackenzie bursts out in laughter, save Jack and I who go running to her side. Johnny Orlando, Mackenzie's best friend, beats us to the punch, but between all of us we manage to salvage all Mackenzie's papers.

"Don't worry about her." I whisper to Mackenzie as the boys stand on looking worried. "She's a bitch."

Her lip wobbles but after taking a deep breath I can see her mindset change. She nods, smiling bravely. "I know."

"You alright?" Johnny asks in his boyish way, touching her hand lightly.

"Fine." She tucks hair behind her ear. "Let's just go to lunch."

"We should go too." I interject. Jack nods, and we say goodbye before heading outside.

Jack smirks down at me as we push our way through the halls. "Friends or more?"

"Only friends." I grin, looking up. "For now."

•••

[381 words]

Hi there my peoples!

I hate Nadia in this story but I love her in real life do u know how weird this is ?? Lol

Please vote