34 ⇒ we're dating

Johnny Orlando

•••

It broke my heart to see Mackenzie all alone when I first viewed her through the window of her hospital.

She looked so sad, and bored, so that's why I've called some of our friends; they're going to come visit. Lauren, Maddie, Saryna, Maisy and the rest of our gang are coming soon. They said they'd all come bearing gifts and food.

"Can we tell our friends?" Mackenzie asks, biting her lip.

"Tell our friends what?" I ask curiously, turning my head to look at her. We're still sitting in the small hospital bed, and have been for the past few hours. Mackenzie can't move, and I just want to be close to her- there wasn't any other options really.

"That we're... well you know, dating."

"Of course we can." I tell her reassuringly. "They've probably guessed anyway.

She smiles. "Have you been telling them things?"

"I may have." I say, smiling back.

Seconds later, the door is opened gingerly. We turn out heads to the door.

"Surprise!" Our friends all yell. Mackenzies face bursts into a grin, and she turns to me, shocked.

"Guys, what are you doing here?" She asks, incredulous.

"We came to see you, duh!" Hayden jokes. The sound of everyone's laughter fills the room.

"You!" She laughs, turning to me. "You asked them to come didn't you?"

"Possibly." I grin, and I watch Maddie's eyes zero in on our intertwined hands.

Mackenzie chats away happily to her friends for the next few minutes, and Maddie raises an eyebrow at me, putting her point across.

I nod. "Yes."

"Yes? Who are you talking to?" Maisy laughs.

Conversation ceases in the room and now it's Maddie laughs.

"John?" Mackenzie asks from beside me, confused.

"Sorry, carry on with your conversations." I say, rubbing my thumb along the back of her hand.

"What? Tell us!" Lauren shouts.

"Okay." I smile, turning to Kenz.

Her eyes bore into mine curiously and I hold up our linked hands.

"We're dating. Mackenzie and I."

Kenzie bites her lip, unsure of everyones reaction. In her world, this whole conversation must seem loud and busy and confusing. I try to put myself in her place.

"No way!" Annie gasps from her plCe beside Hayden.

"Uhm, finally!" Hayden then whoops, and everyone in the room laughs.

Kenzie's cheeks flush red, and I quickly kiss her temple when the others turn away to tease us. Smiling, I lean over to whisper in her ear. She shivers and goosebumps raise on her skin.

"Just you wait till everyone leaves..."

•••

[403 words]

heiiiiii !

do you know how hard it is to find a different greeting everytime, lol.

anyways, how did u like this ? johnny is so freaking sweet, he only wants the best for kenz + it's adorable.

i'm sad cos this is ending soon aw
but i'm excited to post "positive" !!

anyways please please please comment + vote lovelys !