24 ⇒ fat, red lines

Trigger warning - if you are sensitive to depression/self harm, or under 11 years of age, I suggest you skip this chapter. I can't stop you, but you have been warned. Please listen to the full song at the top as well, before reading. :)

•••

Johnny Orlando

•••

"Hey Melissa." I greet calmly. "Is Kenzie home?"

"Yeah she is." Melissa smiles. "She's in her room, I think."

"Cool, than-"

"Johnny?" She interrupts.

"Yeah?"

"She had a bad day. Could you... just help her? I would, but I have event with the ladies. Tell her I'm going now, and that Maddie will be home from dance later."

"Okay. I will." At this my heart pounds, and I start to feel worried for Mackenzie. My feet move almost of their own accord, blindingly. The door creaks as I knock and step into her room.

"Hello?" I ask, not spotting her. "Kenz?"

"In here!" She yells back quickly from the bathroom in a strangled voice.

"It's Johnny." I yell back, walking to the door. "You decent?"

"No!" She screams, and my eyes widen. Wow, I was not expecting that reaction.

"Are you okay? What's up?" I say worriedly, knocking on the door.

"Nothing! I'll be out soon." She hurriedly says, trying to hide a sniff.

Feeling like it's the right thing to do, I open it, and almost choke when I see the sight before me.

She cuts.

Her hair is loose around her shoulders, hair tie well gone. The make up she wore at school is now dripping from her eyes; clearly she's been crying.

Most of all though, I'm attracted to her wrists.

Fat, red lines criss cross her skin and they ooze out blood.

I run across the room in an attempt to grab the blade.

"No!" She screams out. "Get away from me!"

"Kenz!" I yell, eyes flashing. "No!"

"No John, Go!"

With a hurt expression on her face and tearful eyes, she takes the blade out of the sink that's filled with water and blood mixed together.

"Go, or I'll slit my wrists."

•••

[346 words]

Well