28 ⇒ lovers spat

Trigger warning - if you are sensitive to depression/self harm, or under 11 years of age, I suggest you skip this chapter. I can't stop you, but you have been warned. Please listen to the full song at the top as well ! Listen with your eyes closed or somewhere quiet ♥︎

•••

Johnny Orlando

•••

I slowly backed away from from Mackenzie, most likely with a scared look in my eyes. "Kenz..." I whispered, raw emotion flooding into my voice.

"Just go. Go and I won't." She said, voice cracking and changing tone.

So I did. I left, and it was the worst possible thing I could have ever done.

Now I'm speeding through the streets of LA in an attempt to find Maddie at her dance studio. Melissa left to god knows where, and it's not like she's the best parent in the world anyway.

Time seems to trickle away as I think, and suddenly I remember where the studio is; only because of Mackenzie. She used to dance there too, but gave up when money became tight because she wanted to take singing lessons.

I take a U turn at the next roundabout, and drive in the opposite direction towards the ALDC dance studio.

Just minutes later I'm there, but realistically it should have taken me half an hour. When parked, I grab out my keys and sprint outside towards the entrance.

"Hi." I say, breathless, to the lady in the office. "Is Maddie Ziegler here?"

She raises her eyebrows at me.

"I'm sorry, but I can't give out that personal informat-"

"Miss, please, you have to understand. It's a family emergency!" I plead, and something in my tone must alert her I'm serious.

She makes a few clicks on the computer seated in front of her. "Studio seven. Ballet class. Don't disrupt." She says haughtily. Bitch.

"Thank you." I speak in a rush. "Thank you so much!"

I run past the admin desk and through the nearest hall. Doors are named; singing lessons, dressing rooms, bathrooms... but studios don't come till the very end. I run faster, spotting studio one. My hands skim the doors and walls. There it is.

Gulping back my nervousness, I knock before opening the door. The soft piano music that was once playing is stopped, and a room full of teenage girls stop doing barrework and turn to look at me.

"Maddie? Is Maddie here?" I say, sounding intimidated.

"Yeah?" She says timidly, the whole class turning to look at her and giggling. She walks the few steps up to me, now lowering her voice.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She hisses.

"Kenzie- I-"

"Maddie, this is not the time for lovers spat, this is a balle-" Abby Lee, Maddie's teacher, starts to yell.

"Miss, please forgive me. It's a family emergency, I- She needs to come with me." I say, quiet at first and then loud to finish, making my point.

Maddie widens her eyes at me, realising the situation.

"Well Maddie, you've already disrupted the class enough. You're free to leave." She says sassily. I feel like punching her in the face.

Maddie runs to the corner of the room and grabs a plain black bag, before sprinting over to me.

"Thank you!" She yells over her shoulder, and I slam the door shut.

"We need to go." I say insistently.

"Why? What's happening?"She gasps, running to keep up with me.

"Kenz." I state as we walk out the double doors and press unlock on my car keys.

"What about her?" Maddie screams.

"I went to say hello after school. Melissa said she had a bad day. I found her in her bathroom, cutting her wrists with a blade and she had tears all down her face and-"

"What?" Maddie screeches. "She cuts?"

"I never knew either! But she threatened me, she said if I didn't leave she'd-" I try and say, but tears stream down her face.

"She said what? John?" Maddie asks.

"She said she'd slit her wrists."

•••

[740 words]

Ki ora !
(that means hello where i'm from lol)

I hope you like this chapter.
a few things are falling into place, am I right?

Doyou think it was johnny that posted that picture on instagram? Because in this chapter it didn't describe him being on his phone at all, in fact he completely forgot about it ?

Hmmmmm...

+, why does nadia hate kenz?

I wonder ;)

Goodnight & pls vote !