8 ⇒ matchmaking

Lauren Orlando

•••

Mackenzie, Johnny and I collapse into the ice cream parlour booths after a long day at school. We've already ordered, and because we walked the half an hour uphill from school on a Friday of all days, we're exhausted. It's been one hell of a week, but today was honestly the worst. Maths, Biology, Physics, Health, and History made up my day; ew. Those are all subjects I hate.

"How was you guys's fifth period?" Johnny asks, and I groan.

"Boring."

"Same here." Mackenzie laughs, sipping her cola, and I notice her blush.

Why, you may ask? Johnny's slipped his hand into hers. Johnny's been crushing on Mackenzie for a few months now, and vice versa. It honestly happened out of the blue, but they share many interests and hobbies so it's not surprising. They really do make each other smile and as much as I want to keep Mackenzie as my friend only, I'm happy for them.

"This is cute." I tease, gesturing to their hands and revelling in the awkward situation. Johnny grins, winking down at Mackenzie. She flushes, avoiding my knowing gaze by pushing her head into Johnny's shoulder.

"Unlike you." Johnny laughs, making us girls scoff.

"I'm not cute, I'm gorgeous." I smile, flicking my hair off my shoulder.

"Not as gorgeous as me." Mackenzie giggles quietly, resurfacing into the conversation.

"True." Johnny says, kissing the top of her head.

I grumble to myself about how much I hate third-wheeling. They don't even notice.

Pulling my phone out, I start talking about all the homework I have, loudly. Next I text Maisy and ask her to pick me up asap.

Really I don't have that much homework but these two need some alone time, I can tell. In a matter of minutes, Maisy's outside, and after finishing my icecream I bid Johnny and Mackenzie goodbye.

There.

Match making process complete.

•••

[340 words]

Ohio gazamis ;)

That means hello or some shit in Japanese lol, sorry I can't spell.

Love you all, please vote x