36 ⇒ the boy with the green eyes

Mackenzie Ziegler

•••

After two agonisingly slow weeks of being in the hospital I'm finally allowed to go home, and I couldn't be more excited. My principal has graciously granted me with a whole month off school which is awesome, and I can't wait to get home and return to an almost normal routine.

My mother has been tremendously sorry about this whole ordeal, and she's vowed to be a better parent to Maddie and I from now on. She's been doing an online alcohol/gambling support program and it's really helping.

Nadia and her sister Ruby have officially moved schools to one a few miles away. Good riddance; I've been informed by Lauren that since Nadia's left, seniors at Greymere have been a lot happier.

Lily and Mabel Chee are now facing bad consequences; detentions, suspended phones, ectetera ecetera. Lily seems genuinely sorry for the pain she has caused me, but I haven't heard from Mabel yet.

Maisy, Hayden, Annie, Saryna, Lauren, Maddie and Johnny have honestly been the best friends I could have asked for. I do think they feel guilty for not sticking up for me sooner but they're here with me now and that's all that counts. They've all gotten me ridiculous gifts and food which has kept me entertained, and most of them visit every few days, aside from Lauren and Johnny who visit everyday.

Lauren and I's relationship has seemed to click lately, and we really are acting like sisters. Sometimes after I've had anti-depressants I get super tired but Lauren manages to keep me awake by telling me "all the goss" from school. Apparently the school board feels incredibly guilty about me, and now there are anti-bulling posters and suicide hotlines plastered all over the school.

And finally, Johnny. My love. Apart from the fact that our text conversations are now very explicit, and how we occasionally get free time to kiss, our relationship hasn't changed immensely and I'm so greatful. We're not awkward, we always have something to say and the fact that I know him so well is perfect. Our parents approve, our friends approve and my hospital carers that look after me definitely approve.

"Where is the boy with the green eyes?" They will say. "When is he coming back, because he's such a sweetheart!"

I always giggle and tell them that he'll most likely come after school with his homework in hand. I help him do it, and since he's a year older in school it always helps stretch my mind a little.

So yes, life has definitely taken a turn for the better.

I'm glad the emergency team saved my life that short time ago, because now I wake up everyday wanting to live. I know that I'll take time to heal, and I need much more counselling and therapy, but I love that.

I love the idea of the world, that it needs exploring, and that I can go to school without being taunted and teased, and that I can look at myself without picking out numerous flaws.

I love it.

•••

[560 words]

Hî ¡

This is the second to last chapter, then there's an epilogue! I'm sad it will be over, I'll miss posting for you guys! :(

Make sure to check out my new book, Positive!

& please please please vote if you enjoyed this chapter xo