18 ⇒ never

Authors note - please watch the video at the top. It's not music but it may make you feel something and I really want you to feel what i'm feeling as i write this. For this chapter, really put yourself in an mackenzie's shoes, empathize with her and try and imagine what it's like to be her.

•••

Mackenzie Ziegler

•••

"How was your day?" My Mum asks as she opens our front door for me.

"Good." I say, stepping into the door and averting my eyes. Really, it wasn't good at all.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?"

"No no, I um- have a lot of overnight homework that needs to be done." I stutter, shrugging off my bag in an attempt of nonchalance.

"That's okay. Let me know if you need anything!" She yells down the hall as I practically run up the stairs in a last ditch attempt to get to my room. I waddle through the upstairs hall, hot tears escaping my eyes already. A lump in my throat forms and an unsettled feeling in my stomach makes me want to hurl.

When I reach my bedroom door, I open it gingerly, like it will burn me, before slamming it shut and collapsing against it. Tears now stream down my face, and my whole body turns hot- but somehow I'm still shivering.

My palms sting from the impact of when Nadia pushed me off the bus, and my ankle throbs as well as my neck; I must have twisted it at a weird angle when I braced myself for the fall.

I will never forget the laughter and smiles of the thirty or so kids that laughed at me when I got pushed off that bus.

Never.

•••

[414 words]

Heylo

Hows life jenzie shippers? Mines okay.

I'm pre writing this - the current date is August the 31st, TOMORROW SPRING BEGINS AHH! I'm so excited for warmer weather!

Anyways, I hope the video at the top really made you grateful for your family and friends like it did me. I was scrolling through yt and found it one night, and knew I just HAD to put it into this story.

Also, did you like the chapter? I know it's short but it does convey a message.
I also hope this book is raising awareness about bullying/cyberbulling and making sure that it stops ! Really sorry this a/n is really long but it was important lol.

Goodnight & please vote ★ xo