20 Time to Know The Truth

*(Y/n)'s POV*

"Karma...?" I stared at Karma dumbstruck. "Wh...what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Teach wanted me to give you this." He showed me a piece of paper. Flipping it around gesturing for me to get it.

I snatched the paper from his hands and read it. It's a lesson according to that one wrong answer I got in Mathematics.

I raised my head to look at him. "But why find me here? And how did you know? And why you?" He rolled his eyes.

"I went to your place first but you weren't there, didn't you tell me before that your father worked overseas? Plus I only ever saw you smile genuinely when it comes to the topic of your family." I blushed at his words.

"You... noticed?" I asked and he nodded. "And, because I was the only one who knew where you'd be going," Karma said.

I smiled even brighter. Wow, Karma would be the perfect boyfriend with that complime-- wait, what? Forget I said anything.

I received a text message from my phone. I unlocked my phone and checked it, Karma peeking at my phone slightly.

***

Dad: Something happened over here, I might go home next week instead. Sorry, sweetheart.

***

It was from dad. I frowned slightly at his news. Mom probably already knows the news. I sighed placing my phone back in my pocket.

I turned to Karma who stood there with his hands on the back of his head. "I'm heading home," I said.

"I'll come with you then. I've got nothing else to do over here anyway." Karma replied.

We didn't say a word to each other in the taxi. There were some points when I open my mouth to say something but I end up not saying it at all.

TIME SKIP!

We got off the taxi at school. "I better get going then, see ya'!" I said waving goodbye until he grabbed my hand. I turned around with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm coming with you." He stated. I know he isn't being a gentleman or anything but still.

"Why?" I asked him. He sighed shaking his head. "I don't live far from you, and it isn't cool to just leave you here." He replied.

"Wow, so you can care," I mumbled to myself and noticed Karma shrug my words off.

We talked a little bit, starting up awkward conversations... well to me that is. And then we arrived home.

As I was about to wave goodbye to Karma... correction: shooing him away, almost simultaneously the door to my house opened revealing my mom.

"I got your father's text. I wonder what happened to him." She said. She finally noticed the redhead behind me and approached me slowly.

"Ah. And who might you be?" Mom said narrowing her eyes at Karma. "Karma Akabane, (Y/n)'s classmate." Karma smiled innocently.

After a few hesitant seconds, my mom gave me and Karma a smile. "Ah! I've never seen you before! Usually (Y/n) here walks home with a strawberry haired boy. Do you know him by any chance?" I don't know if it was my imagination or not, but I think I just saw Karma's eye twitch.

"Oh? I don't know him." Karma said almost too politely. How does he not know Asano? Didn't he just-- oh, wait. They're rivals, yup.

"We just saw each other when the taxi dropped me off at school. We walked all the way here afterward." I half-lied.

My mother hummed in response. "I've never seen you in A class though, are you a new friend?" My mom asked. And at that moment... everything went wrong.

"What do you mean? I and your daughter are from E class." Karma said. I gulped hard and shot Karma a look.

I think he understood at that point. "E... class...?" My mom said her eyes widening at me as I turned my head to her slowly.

I bowed my head in shame. "Yes... I didn't tell you for a month now, but... I got transferred into E class..." She looked at me in shock.

Her hands were shaking, and I knew things would end here badly. I turned to Karma with pleading eyes. "Karma, I'll have to see you tomorrow. I need to study for midterms now, see you!" Karma tilted his head studying my profile.

"Okay, sure. See you tomorrow." He said walking away slowly. I turned to my mom and we entered the house.

She closed the door and I stood there in the leaving room. "Why didn't you tell me... that you were sent to E class?" My mom asked in a low voice.

"I... didn't want to get you upset. I--" She interrupted me with large frustrated eyes.

"WE COULD HAVE SENT YOU BACK TO A CLASS A MONTH AGO IF YOU JUST TOLD US!" Mom shouted.

I was never really abused at home, she only ever really gets mad when things aren't perfect.

It's like, when a child arranged a tea party, one wrong move like things getting spilled or things dropping on the floor, they either just stand there, or cry out loud.

For my mom, there wasn't an option, she just cries out loud. My dad had always protected me when my mom would go hysterical.

She never meant to hurt me, she just couldn't find the urge to stop. At the end, she either apologizes or we apologize.

But this is different... I've destroyed her plans completely. I've known this for years now, getting into a low class-- the LOWEST CLASS can sometimes get you rejected at the most prestigious academies. At least, that's what my mom kept saying.

Mom started to approach me with anger filling her eyes. "Mom... please... I'm sorry. I... I'll make this work! I'll get top grades! I'll beat everyone else! I'll--" She interrupted me with a slap on the cheek.

"No. I'll do this. I'll pay your school to get you back on track." She relaxed slightly. I widened my eyes. I would do anything but that! I felt so close to E class, they were like a family to me, even if it has just been a month.

"No. Please, mom. Anything else but that." She shot me a look. "So you actually like it at E class? You want to stay there?" She exclaimed.

She approached me more, I backed against the wall I felt my self-shrinking away at how irritated she looked.

I closed one of my eyes, the other staring at the window. I widened my eyes softly as I saw a boy's figure not too far from our house.

'Karma...' I said in my head. He never left. He just stood there staring. I don't want him to get the wrong idea! Not now! This isn't even abuse! This is just how she is!

He looked expressionless. Waiting for my mom's next move. Next thing I knew, her shoulders slumped.

She must've seen how defenseless and scared I was because then she hugged me.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart. I... I didn't know what came over me." She said softly. "I... It's okay mom. Just, please... I beg of you, please let me stay in E class, I'll do anything, I'll do anything." I begged. She looked at me then smiled weakly.

"Fine. Just ask for my help when you need it." I nodded and went upstairs to my room.

OMG!!! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1K READS!!! I FEEL SO HAPPY I COULD CRY REAL TEARS!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING MY BOOK!

Please don't forget to leave a vote and or follow me! Until next time, bye!