Chapter Twenty-Three

Slowly I open my eyes, groaning softly. I sit up and look over at Jean, sleeping soundly. I smile and kiss his forehead before walking out of the room. I yawn as Hanji runs towards me.

"Armin~" Hanji exclaims, tackling me to the ground.

"Argh-Hanji! Get off" I whine, failing to push her off.

"Wanna help me with an experiment?!" she asks, grinning widely.

I hesitate to answer. "Hanji. . .No, Jean just got back. I only left so I could get something to eat" I reply sternly as she gets up.

"Fine~ I only needed you to trick Eren to take a walk with you so I could 'kidna- hey! Where are you going?" she yells, chasing after me.

I finally reach the dining hall with Hanji trailing behind me. "Coconut~ Armout~ Lover boy~ Horse tamer-"

"Oh my walls! Hanji, I'll help" I groan, eating a roll and an apple. Hanji smirks and runs out in the hall. I look around the dining hall, but can't find Eren or Mikasa. I shrug and walk out into the hall. I look around and Hanji was waiting for me. I sigh softly as I walk back to the infirmary.

"Armin" Eren says as I spot him outside Jean's room. I furrow my eyebrows as I look around, even Commander Erwin is here.

"What's going o-Jean?! What happened? Is he okay? Is he-oh walls! Eren, please tell me he isn't-I can't" I cry, trying to make my way to the entrance.

"No, Armin. I'm sorry"  Eren mumbles, grabbing me from behind, stopping my movement.

"No! Please. Jea-no" I whimper, leaning against Eren. 'No, this can't be happening.'

"Armin. . ." Mikasa begins, but the words trail off. I drop to the floor, Eren following suit, holding me to his chest.

"I'm sorry for your loss. His death will not be in vain. I will let you be now. Corporal, let's go" Commander says, waiting for Levi.

"I'm going to stick around for a bit. . .Hanji and i need to discuss her 'business' " Levi says, standing in front of me, his hand on my head.

Commander looks towards Hanji who smiles softly before sighing, "Very well." He turns and walks away from the depressing fog.

Everyone turns towards me, sympathy coats their eyes. I cry into Eren's chest. 'Jean, you can't leave me! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I can't-I should've have done something. I should've have given you everything you n-'

"Armin" I stop thinking, but my tears don't. I look up to the voice, Levi. He kneels down and nods to Eren who lets me go. Levi looks back to me and I look at him.

"I know this is hard. Losing someone you love isn't the easiest to go through, but you need to know that he loves you. He isn't suffering, his death isn't your fault. You did everything you could. You were there for him, you listened to him, you joked with him, you gave him all of you. That is the best you have to offer. Please don't feel as if you had something you could have done to stop this or helped him with. You did the best thing., you love him. That's all you can do from now on." 

My tears still, my eyes widen as his words hit me. "I do and will always love him" I whisper. 

"I know, I know" Levi whispers softly, comfortingly. 

"Thank you" I mumble, voice shaking. I slowly stand up, and inhale slowly. "I-I'm gonna go to my room. I'll see you later" I mumble.

"Want me to walk with you?" Eren asks.

"No, I'll be okay. i just want to be alone for now" I answer, smiling softly as i turn around, walking to my lonely, cold room.

I open my door and make my way to my bed and lay down, hugging Jean's pillow. Tears well in my eyes as I think of all the times Jean and I had together. Why did he have to go so soon? What about the promise of not leaving me alone? 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Armin, it's Jean. Let me in, please" Jean asks, worry laced in his words.

"It's unlocked" I sigh.

I hear the door open, and Jean asks, "Why is it so dark in here?"

"Because I'm sad and darkness is my old friend, and it's lonely" I mumble.

"It's not your fault, you didn't know she could do that" Jean says, sitting next to me.

"I should have known. I knew the plan wouldn't work" I argue.

"Stop it!" Jean yells. I shut my mouth and bring my eyes to the floor. "Sorry. I raised my voice" Jean apologizes.

"It's okay, I needed that" I answer.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I smile as Jean walk in with a small tray of food. "Sorry I took so long. Corporal was yelling at me for skipping training this morning. I have to go clean the stable" Jean apologizes, placing the tray on my lap.

"Okay, go to your homeland while I enjoy my breakfast in bed" I chuckle, taking a bite of a 'biscuit'.

"Neigh, neigh" Jean says sarcastically.

.

.

.

.

.

"O-okay, just be careful. I don't want to lose you" I say looking into Jean's brown eyes. His body tenses at the sight, my eyes are close to tears, my cheeks rosy on my fair skin, my hair falling out of the pony-tail.

"I'm going to be careful, I promise" Jean sighs softly, kissing my forehead, cheekbone, nose, and lips. "I love you" he whispers.

"I love you too" I reply, a small smile tugs at my lips. "But I don't want to lose you."

"I have to go now" he whispers, standing back up. "I'll see you later" he adds, walking out of the room.

"Why did you leave me? I need you." I cry softly, as I slowly lose consciousness.

Hey. . . so, this was obviously the bad ending. the next and final chapter is going to be the good ending. It will start out with the same as the bad ending, but keep reading, I'm writing it a certain way. I hope you didn't cry, because that would be sad, but that would mean my story got to ya. Please vote, comment, and follow me (on wattpad because it would be weird if you follow me in real life). Please and thank you

Darkside