Chapter Twenty-Three

Slowly I open my eyes, groaning softly. I sit up and look over at Jean, sleeping soundly. I smile and kiss his forehead before walking out of the room. I yawn as Hanji runs towards me.

"Armin~" Hanji exclaims, tackling me to the ground.

"Argh-Hanji! Get off" I whine, failing to push her off.

"Wanna help me with an experiment?!" she asks, grinning widely.

I hesitate to answer. "Hanji. . .No, Jean just got back. I only left so I could get something to eat" I reply sternly as she gets up.

"Fine~ I only needed you to trick Eren to take a walk with you so I could 'kidna- hey! Where are you going?" she yells, chasing after me.

I finally reach the dining hall with Hanji trailing behind me. "Coconut~ Armout~ Lover boy~ Horse tamer-"

"Oh my walls! Hanji, I'll help" I groan, eating a roll and an apple. Hanji smirks and runs out in the hall. I groan, realizing giving in was not the right option. I look around the mess hall, not spotting Eren so I shrug and walk towards the infirmary. 

I look around in the hallway, not spotting Hanji so I continue to walk towards my destination. "Armin" someone yells behind me. I turn around and spot Eren running full speed in my direction. 

I move out of the way, forcing Eren to trip over his own feet and crashing into the ground. I stifle a laugh as Eren groans, getting up. "That was rude" he mumbles, dusting himself off.

I calm down and shake my head. "So, why did you come running over here?" I ask, looking over in his direction. 

"Hanji found me and tried to do an experiment" Eren answers, shuddering at the thought. I hum as we start walking. "Are you going to visit Jean?" he asks, breaking the silence.

I nod, "Yeah. I want to be there for him, like he was for me. I just want him to know that I'm always here for him."

"He knows, don't worry about that. You should be worried yourself. You like you haven't been taking care of yourself" Eren replies.

"Me? Jean lost his arm! I don't care about what I look like. I'm worried about how Jean is going to live without an limb. I  need him to know that I'm here to help him through everything he struggles with, physically and mentally" I exclaim. My eyes widen as I realize that we stopped while I raised my voice. "Sorry" I mumble, looking at my feet.

"How can you take care of him if you don't take care of yourself first?" Eren asks, his tone soft. "We're here, think about what I said before you dive head first" Eren adds, walking away.

I look from Eren's form shrinking to Jean's room. I sigh, mentally scolding myself at losing it. I shake my head as I walk into the room. I turn to look at the now sitting up Jean. "I-uh. How much did you hear of that?" I stammer.

"All of it" he answers, frowning softly. "You know, he is right. . .You need to take care of yourself. Armin. . .I love you, but if I'm gonna be a burden, yo-"

"No! Stop, don't even finish that sentence. I'm okay, I promise. I just need a little sleep, that's all. I'm here for you. You don't need to worry about me" I interrupt.

"And you shouldn't worry about me. I'm lucky to be alive. I'm to still have you by my side. Please don't worry about me. Your health is important as well" Jean replies as I walk closer to his bed. He  scoots to the right and I sit next to him, laying my head onto his left shoulder. "I love you" he whispers softly.

I lift my head up and kiss his slightly chapped lips. "I will always love you. Just don't leave me" I whimper, resting my forehead on Jean's.

"Like I said, I'm not leaving you so easily. I'm here to stay. This is only the beginning of us."

Ello~ This is my last author's note for this so I guess I should make the most of it. I hope you enjoyed reading this. I love reading your comments, they make my days and writers blocks better. I'm kinda sad this is over, but the journey has to end somewhere. I hope that you share this story with others, and if you have a request for me, please comment or message me. I will reply. Also, please read my other stories from this account of my second account, thefamousmadhatter. I will eternally grateful. Thank you guys so much for everything. And for the final time, follow, vote, comment. I hope you have a great day<3<3<3

Darkside