Already in Love

Takumi acted like the charm of all charms. He was actually carrying me inside Five Guys.

It was adorable. But jesus, why me?

"Can you put me down? We're already inside and I gave up!" I puffed, blushing darkly in embarrassment as I let out a groan.

Playfully exhaling deeply, Takumi set me down and smiled "Welcome too...".

He pretended to be those hosts where they speak in a long phrase
"Five Guys. The best burger joint in the entire country." He proudly stated.
"I come here a lot on my free time...or to just sit and eat."

Five Guys. I have to admit. The design was great. The walls were a caramel color, along with a hint of vintage splattered all around the joint. I was impressed. Very.

"This style...I'm digging it, I really am." I crossed my arms and let a grin spread on my face.

Takumi poked my cheeks and cheered "Ehh? Great right??" He winked, heading up to the cashier.

We ordered our food and sat nearby a window, and we talked our lives away. We talked about our backstories, our insecurities, even our embarrassing moments in our history. But, everything about him was beautiful. His eyes, how they would stare down and glisten to me. And his smile, his chuckles...it was like God took his damn time on this particular person.

To top things off; I needed to know why he wasted hiding his appearance. This wasn't funny anymore. Jokes over.

Show me that beautiful face.

"I've been meaning to ask, is there a reason why you hide your face in that big black hoodie all day?" I sipped on my strawberry milkshake, raising my right eyebrow with a smile popping out.

It grew silent. Oh no, did I hurt his feelings? Did I fuck our friendship on the first day??

"How about...I show you...but, I gotta show you somewhere else than here. Maybe in an alley?Takumi's voice was now deep, and stuttery. It sounds like he was scared to death.

Lots of theories ran through my brain.

"Oh?...an alley?..."
"Yes...is that okay?"
"Oh. Yea! That's good!..".

Yea sure, just take me to an alley and reveal yourself...suspicious.

We finished our lunch and took ourselves out of Five Guys. I'm full, I can't eat anything else. Those burgers are too big.
"I gotta state somethin'...Five Guys is THE best burger joint in town." I chimed
"You're just mocking what I said earlier!" He gasped
"...I never heard you say something like I said..."
"Fucking liar."
"Shut up, bitch."
"Make me, hippie."
We giggled and made our way into an alley, I turned my head back as cars passed by and honked loudly to every automobile. Even pedestrians. That's Los Angeles for people.

Its chaos during daytime.

We stopped in the middle of the alley, it was half dark half dim lighted.

Okay. Now I regret asking him that specific question.

"Okay...". Takumi walked back and forth, sighing softly. He grabbed my hand and gently rubbed it with his thumb, showing comfort "Are you...". He gulped "ready?...". He finished his sentence.

You could easily tell he was petrified to reveal his identity. It didn't make sense to me. Does Blake know about Takumi's hidden identity?

A dark shade of blush formed across my cheeks. I nodded and hesitated "Y-Yea...I am..". I almost-whispered and our eyes met like they always do before.

He nodded, sliding back from me and slowly, and calmly. He pulled down his hoodie. Not even pulling down his hoodie. He took off the entire thing.

My eyes were in awe, I couldn't look away. His body looked so entirely different from any males body perspective. His chest looked hard, he had a tiny tail that was expression his emotion: Fear. His snout was big on addition to the crystal clear details.

"Y-You....you're a...a turtle?...". I murmured, my feet slowly walking closer closer to Takumi to see his body better.

"Mutant hybrid...something happened to me in the past...and it made me this way...". He looked away and didn't show his face, looking away insecurely.

Here's the thing though, I wasn't scared, or disgusted. I looked at him like everyone else; A natural human being.

"Hey...I'm not scared...". I managed to speak.
I grabbed his hands, squeezing them and I smiled to him.
"Wait...r-really?? Are you?-"
"Really really...I don't look at you any differently than other people that roam the Earth." I spoke.

Takumi's face softened, he was happy. We were quiet the entire time.

Our eyes never traveled away, our bodies didn't move. I bit my tongue and tossed him his hoodie playfully.
"Put that on...before girls notice your muscular body." I teased, my eyes looking away as I laughed.

He huffed and rolled his eyes.
"Oh please...only person I want to see my muscular self is you." He nudged me, giving me his natural winks and sliding back on his hoodie.

I really

really really

wanted

to kiss Takumi in that moment.

I was too scared.