Chapter 8- Traitor?

Athena POV...

I wrapped up my hair and stared at myself in the mirror, "Your friends need you, even if your people will have to suffer," I inserted the bobby pins in my hair, securing my bun. I continue to whisper to myself to make sure no-one else could hear me, "my brothers need me," I said to myself as I grab up my jewelry box, within it was a tiny box where a tiny book with ancient inscriptions, they resembled the Egyptian writing, this book was enchanted by my witch to help me teleport to wherever I needed to be.

Brittney opened the door when I was about to recite the words to allow the portal to open, "what's happening?" I couldn't look at her, so I remained silent, "answer me please, you've been acting weird since Marcus found you, that's why I'm going to ask again... What's happening?"

"I have to go," I reply.

"Go where?" I look up at her, "Why does it look like you have seen... A ghost," I could hear the realization in her voice as she added everything in her head together, "It's Edward isn't it, he was in the woods with you?" She walks towards me, "you don't have to go, Marcus has soldiers we can get him, your safe here."

I step away from her, "that's just the thing, I'm not, I don't know how I know this but I can feel it, I could feel it since I've been here, I just couldn't put my finger on it, and I need answers and that is something I cannot get here."

She wraps her arms around herself, "I feel like there is something that you're hiding from me, but I will not question you anymore because I believe you'll eventually tell me when the time is right."

"That's just the thing, I may not make it back," she frowns.

"Bullshit, you'll come back and when you do the entire kingdom will know, your job here isn't done, not yet, not ever, this kingdom needs you," she ran towards me and pulled me into a hug, "I will be here waiting for your return."

She steps away from me, and nods her head towards me, I open the tiny book and place it on the floor, "Alealam min ghyr maeruf maftuha," I said numerous times, causing a portal to open.

I turn to her when she mouths, 'I'll be waiting for your return,' I nod to her and steps threw and enter the third dimension called Darmathia. I pick up the book that was still on the ground and slide it into my back pocket. I look around and was confused, instead of being at the camp where the portal was supposed to take me. I was in the middle of the woods, during my time here I was taught the pathway towards the camp where my second family lives, in case anything happens. 

I walk further down into the woods and follow the pathway, I could hear chatters of men, laughing and drunk singing. I approach the campsite with caution, even though they were drunk, all their weapons were all strapped around their waist. 

Close to their campsite was a wounded animal that was bleeding out, I stared at the creature, it was as if the animal could sense my presence when it held its head up. When the moon shuns in its eyes it was as if he knew who I was, I mouthed to the animal, 'I'm going to get you out' I watch as the animal bows its head, in response.

I listen to the songs they sang and I could tell that they were pirates, one of the men that were dancing around in a circle with a bottle of whisky, had a ring of keys dangling around his waist. Some of the people were wasted and past out, but a little further away from them was a tent, I could see the figure of a man illuminating through the material, and by the person reflection, I knew that this was the captain of the crew. 

I knew I needed to be quiet, I look around their campground, where I found chains laying lifelessly on the ground. I wrap the chain from my elbow to the palm of my hand, to distribute some of the weight. Holding tightly on the chain and slung it forward like a whip around his neck and pulled him towards me, grabbing his mouth and his nostrils at the same time, I could feel him struggling and clawing at my hand until he passed out. I unwrap the chains from around his neck, lower him to the ground and check his pulse to make sure he was still alive.