Chapter 22- Brawl

Marcus POV...

I was finishing up some paperwork for my father's council when the door to his office slammed open, I moved my head to the side as the sword that came flying towards my head, "you gave her the death sentence?!" Micheal shouts.

I lift my head up from the paperwork that my father left for me to do, "oh you're back," I replied.

"Is that really all that you have to say?!"

"What is there for me to say?" I ask, "I was wrong, the end."

"Are you kidding me?!" The air was knocked out of me when I was slammed into the wall.

"You are the reason why she was here in the first place, you were the one who gave her the ultimate sentence, unlike you I tried to relieve her of it," I said as I kicked him to the ground.

He jumped back to his feet and used his vampiric speed, throwing punches my way, when he was open I sent a punch to his rib, causing him to bend over and spit up blood, I bent down and look at him "pathetic." He grabs me by my neck and slams me back into the wall, and lift me up with my feet dangling.

I look down at him, "are you forgetting that I am older than you?" I grab his hand and listened to his bones breaking before slamming my head into his. I watch as he crumbled to the ground I grab his head, "you are in my kingdom, and what I say go."

Micheal grab my hand, "though you are older than me, I at least have my powers," my knees weakened.

A scream burst from my chest as he tortures me with painful memories, he dug into my mind causing me to relive a past that I have buried. "please, get out of my mind," I begged as I dug my nails into my scalp.

"No, tell me why you did it!" Micheal shouts.

"I... Can't," I screamed out in pain, as blood starts to drip from my eyes.

"Yes, you will!" He dug further into my mind, "show me what you're hiding from me."

"Please Micheal, don't," I begged.

"When she begged did you stop your tortures," memories of me giving orders to the guards to torture Brittney until she tells me Athena's whereabouts.

"Show me!" He shouts as he dug deeper into my mind, "you would never give someone the death sentence without there being a good reason!" he yells, I could feel him breaking away the wall to the memory I was hoping to hide from everyone.

I gave in and allowed him to see whatever he wanted to know, knowing it was useless to fight, he stops and releases me from his grip, "she's your mate," he whispers. He looks at me wide-eyed, he looks away and looks to the ceiling, "who would have thought that you would find your mate," I was about to agree before he continued, "before me," he finishes.

We both turn and look at each other and start to laugh, before we stopped as reality dawned on us, "Uncle Zapphire will kill her if he finds out, but you haven't had any of her blood, therefore it is impossible for him to know she's your mate." I remained quiet as he came to the realization that I did, "unless you already have, how?" He asks.

"You remember the night when the rogues attacked, she saved me, but because of the amount of blood I was losing she gave me a taste, it wasn't much but it kept me alert."

"Regardless your smell will be all over her," he pauses as he was awestruck, "A human is your mate," Micheal states, "that was the reason uncle asked for you to get married to her in the first place, because it has never happened where a human is a mate to royal heir, he believed that a mate can cloud your judgement as a ruler, and dare I say it he was right, and when he does find out he will get rid of her permanently, and if he doesn't, your sister will."

"Please don't even mention her, though my fathers' powers are more dangerous than hers, she herself is unstable, and we both know father uses her to do his dirty deeds."

"Do you know when he will return from his...Trip with her?" I ask, trying to find the right word.

"I haven't heard from him since he left," Micheal replied.

"What about the task I ask for you to do?"

"Oh the task you made me do, while you sent Brittney to death, it was completed."

"And?"

"He will not comply," Micheal replies.

"Why not?" I ask.

Micheal paused, "He is the Alpha Marcus, and after what you did-" there was a knocking at the door cutting him off.

I used my vampire speed to clean myself up and to get rid of the blood from my face, I first examine my face to see that all my cuts were already healed before saying, "come in."

"Hello love," the smile on my face dropped when I realize it wasn't the person I was hoping to see.

"This is a bad time for you to be here Amber," I said trying to dismiss her.

"But baby I haven't seen you all week, maybe I can relieve you of the stress that you're going through." She says as she runs her finger down my chest.

"Amber please stop," I said.

"Hello Micheal," her voice was soft and melodious when our eyes connected, I could tell she hadn't been sleeping, and in all honesty neither have I.

"Hey Athena, how are you?" Micheal asks.

"You know, I'm just restless."

"Brittney, how is she?" He asks.

"She's alive," she says as she turns to me with her eyes emotionless, "Marcus, the council members are waiting for us," she turns to Amber and arches her brow, "Amber," she says as she took in the appearance of the room knowing what happened moments ago.

She turns to walk away, "what, you think because you won over these peasant's that the crown is automatically yours?" Amber says rolling her eyes.

I watch as Athena bawled her hand into a fist and took a few calm breaths, "you better watch how you talk to me because one day I won't have this much patience for your level of disrespect, good day," she says before walking off.

Micheal turns to me with a grin on his face, "and with that put some respect on it," he says laughing under his breath.