Chapter 18- Return

Athena POV...

My head was throbbing, and the ringing in my ears was increasing until everything became silent, "Athena," slowly I rose to my feet when I heard my name being called.

When I stood up, I was looking into a pair of eyes that resembled the moons silvery essence, her hair resembled wool, as it cascaded and flow down her shoulder, each kink was well defined, her lips were full, and her neck was littered with numerous gold necklaces, making her neck seem elongated. Her dark chocolate skin was filled with white ancient tribal writings. She wore a simple royal blue dress, flowed to the ground, making it obvious that she was tall.

"Who are you?" I ask her. She opened her mouth to respond, and then paused as if she was thinking about what to say next, within her eyes were filled with pure emotions before she looks away and closes her eyes tightly when she looks back at me her face became cold.

"My name is Nyx, I am-."

"The goddess of night, word on the street is you're scarier than you look," I said cutting her off.

"That's because the men fear me, but in all reality, they adore me for my beauty and dreed me for my might," the look she was giving me was one of admiration, but it was filled with something else, something that I could not explain.

I look away from her, "Why am I here?" I look around the empty room, that was filled with nothing else but white walls.

"Within you flows the rarest power, you can bend the elements to your will, and syphon power from each of the gods, and I believe that there is more to your powers that we have yet to find out."

"Who's we, that you speak of?"

"Zeus, Poseidon, Ares and the list goes on," I could tell by the look in her eyes that there was more to what she was letting on.

"I know me being able to unlock the elements was great and all, but I don't believe that you would bring me here just to congratulate me, why were those beast after me?"

"Just like how we have been watching you, a darkness like no other that we have fought till the dawn of time has been trying to find you, and though it is great that you have unlocked the elements at such a speedy rate, your powers are what led those monsters there, the type of dark magic that was used to create those beasts were designed to specifically sniff out your powers."

"How?" I ask.

"You'd be surprised at what a single drop of blood or a strand of ones loc of hair can do."

"Who is the creator of these monsters?" I could tell by her facial expression that she was hesitant, "you can't even reveal that to me, my life is hanging by a thread and you have the scissors right now, and instead of telling me who this person is, you'd rather withhold that information away from me, might as well you serve me to lions yourself."

She closed her eyes tightly and inhaled deeply, I could tell she was becoming angry, she took a cleansing breath and calmed herself, "in due time he will reveal himself to you."

"Why can't you reveal him to me now, if you are all powerful as the stories say that you are why not vanquish this darkness yourself?"

"Because we have tried to vanquish darkness, and every time we have tried it has failed, instead a different darkness is created a stronger one is born, do you not understand, you are the key to purify that we could not."

"Explain to me why I should help you?" I ask.

"Because those that you love and care for will die if you do not defeat the darkness that seeks what flows within your veins," she says pointing to my chest.

"And if I fail?" I ask.

"Let's hope that you don't else every dimension will be doomed, and I don't believe that you want so much blood on your hands." We were both having a stare off until she spaced out and looks back at me with pure concern in her eyes, "I believe that it is time for you to return to your body, your friend needs you and your animal will make sure you get to her on time before the worst happens, I will open a portal for you to go back to earth."

"What are you talking about?" I ask her, urging her to continue.

"We do not have enough time, remember when you need me call on me, and I will appear."

I closed my eyes tightly as it felt like the air was rushing throughout my body, my heart rate sped up, I could hear the beating of my heart in my ear, and every droplet of blood being pumped in my body. I tried standing, but instead, my body weighed itself down.

"Child you need to relax," I could hear the voice of a man in my head, "Breathe," I took in a deep breath of air and could feel my senses coming back, "Relax, I will bring you back to your dimension."

When I look up in front of me it was a wolf, "what's going on?" I mumbled to myself.

"I do not have time to explain, climb onto my back time is of the essence," at first I was hesitant, but eventually I swang my feet over his back and we went off into a fast sprint.

The air was rushing through my coiled locs, I could feel the wind kissing my skin, it felt like time was speeding up, in front of us a portal opened, the wolf leapt through and the first glance I took I knew where I was. I was back at the castle that I was dreading to come back to.

Instead of stopping at the gates where the guards stood, he leapt over the closed gate and landed elegantly on his paws, he then broke off into a fast sprint. He wasn't following the same route that I use but instead, he went to the back of the castle where we approach a colosseum one that resembled the ones in Rome, except this one was still in great shape, and it was made out of the same material as the castle.

We ran through the entrance of the Colosseum. The doubled doors to Colosseum were large and were made out of wood from the mahogany trees, in front of the doubled door two guards were posted, they drew for their swords. The wolf stopped, bowed his head and released a growl, slowly I got off his back. At first, they did not recognize who I was until they smelled the air, "Princess Athena," they said as they bowed.

"Are you going to open the door."

"The prince told us strictly not to open it up to anyone."

"I may have confused you, because you obviously believe that you have a choice, open the door now, else I will see to it myself that Marcus will punish each of you himself."

They both looked at each other before one of them opened it up, and allow me and the wolf through. I could hear loud cheering, and applauding, in front of me was Brittney but she was on her knees where above her head was a thick metal blade,"we only have seconds." It was at that moment Brittney held up her head and look up at me as a tear slipped from her eyes. A chill ran up my spine, but I could not allow a moment like this to prevent me from saving someone's life, at least not again.

Before I knew it one of the guards were giving the order to cut the rope of the guillotine, I took the pair of chopstick that I carved from the metal and sent them flying I used air as a boost, to push the chopsticks further and using them as a wedge to prevent the blade from dropping any further. Using air, I push Brittney from under where the blade was dangling at the same time the rope broke free and the blade fell to where Brittney's head once was resting.

Silence, as everyone in the crowd, stared at me in awe as I approached where Brittney laid helplessly. I pulled for my sword and cut the ropes that tied Brittney' s hands to her back.

I grabbed up one of the metal chopsticks and slipped off one of the safety caps and slit my wrist. I place my wrist near her mouth and allow her to drink, when she was finished I placed her on the back of the wolf and sent them to my room. I searched the crowd for a familiar face.

"Leave!" His voice echoed throughout the Colosseum and within seconds everyone left, leaving him and I staring at each other.