Chapter 29- A Witch Hunt

Athena POV...

"You look tired," Hekate says.

"Don't."

She releases a heavy sigh "I know you need an answer but I can't give you one right now."

"Why not!" My yelling caused a slight trimmer.

"Athena you need to relax, you're going to cause an earthquake," Hekate says as she looks around.

"Do not tell me to relax when I almost died, because of secrets you kept from me," the droplet of water that was rolling off my skin evaporated as I could feel myself becoming hot.

"Athena your skin is glowing, okay I will tell you," I exhaled trying to relax.

She handed me a bottle of potion, "this is the bottle to reverse the effect, so you can regain your memory of the day I took away from you, I was hoping to never hand you this, but drink up," I could see the sorrow in her eyes, as she stretches the bottle towards me.

I looked at her and pulled the cork off and chugged the nasty concoction.

Everything around me swirled as my memories began to flash by.

Flashback...

"Athena please put that back, your mother will have my head if anything happened to you."

"But Hekate if I'm to learn everything, I must have to touch everything," I said with a smile.

"Athena, you first must have to learn what you're touching, like for example that is todapön, otherwise known as saliva from the most exotic frog in Africa."

I quickly put it down and stepped away from it, as if it was about to jump out on me.

"Go and play in the forest with the other kids."

"Ugh, I don't want to be around stupid children who disperse the second they see me or make me win because I'm a princess, don't get me wrong I love to win, but I want to win fair and square, they act like such peasants," she stopped what she was doing and sucked her teeth.

"How many times have I told you to never call your subject's that they are your equal, and before you know it that throne will be yours, and you'll be ruling this kingdom, as of now the p-word is a bad word."

"I'm sorry I'll never call them that again," I said looking down at my feet.

"Good and one day you will get that challenge, but right now I need to finish cooking up this potion before your mother has my neck."

"Then after you promise you'll teach me the world of witchcraft and chemistry?"

"Yes run off and remember if you're in danger just call me and I'll appear," she looks at me to ensure I was paying attention.