Chapter 10- Leap of Faith

Athena POV...

I snap my eyes open, "what did you just show me?"

"The future, or at least what could be the future, if you go to the campsite this is what will follow you, everywhere you go."

"You mean death will follow me," I swallowed hard.

"You don't believe us," I look away and look through the window.

"Should I?" The sun was beginning to rise, meaning I was away from earth for more than 24 hours.

"Earlier I told you, that my sister's and I are elemental witches, not only do we heal but we see what the earth wants us to see, and feel what the earth wants us to feel ."

"I have read many books, and nowhere has any book ever mention elemental witches."

"Because we only appear to people who seek us, and our wisdom," the younger sister replies.

"I didn't seek you, people, out," I snapped.

"Yes you did, you were hungry, your animal was on the verge of dying, and you were in danger, and afraid the earth felt your fear and acted like a beacon and here we are," the milky skin woman replied.

I look away off into the woods and feeling the need to change the subject, "how is he?" I ask.

"A fighter, just as much as you are."

"I have a question," their interest spark, yesterday I encountered a pirate, who told me that the fox is called the devil's pet, why is that?"

The eldest sister starts to smile, "years ago before your grandparents parents, and so on were even conceived, there was a special type of species of animal, actually a pack of animals that was unlike others, they were used in wars, but mostly because these animals didn't have a form for itself, so it takes on the form of many."

"Animaphía," I allow the word to roll off my tongue, "I've read about them, but I thought they were mere myths, or at least extinct."

"Child, this world has so many untold stories that have yet to be discovered."

I watch as the red-headed woman, became numb as her nails sank into her skin, she took a calm breath of air. When she exhales through her nose, the smell of blossoms littered the air, she turns and looks at both her sisters, her younger sister nods her head and went to another room in the house.

"We're needed elsewhere, but we will open the portal for you, and your animal to go to your friends, but we do hope you make the right decision, else the tragedy that breaks loose will haunt you, I truly hope you can love with your decision."

"I haven't even gotten your names."

The middle sister lit two candles and started her chant of an ancient language I have never heard.

"I have more questions for you," I said hastily. I knew what I was trying, was worthless because once a witch starts to cast a spell, it cannot stop it.

"I promise you we will meet again, on a much different occasion, but I am happy we have met you before," there was something about the way she was looking at me, and how much there was a tone of voice changed to a serious one.

"Before what?"

"Darkness."

"Remember these numbers 01.07.13 and 05.01.18." The redhead said.

"What is so significant about those two days?"

"We have already said too much," the multi-colour portal opens, starting to pull everything in with it.

I rose to my feet, when the youngest of the sisters brought the fox, and laid him in my arms, "he should be as good as new in the morning, so will you."

The portal sucked us into the great abyss, and when I opened my eyes, I was no longer in the three witches household, but now I was standing on the soil of Darmathia. In the middle of the enchanted forest of lights, where creatures that were said to be extinct lives in secret.

A fairy, land itself in my hand, "hello princess Athena," he bowed his head to me.

"Hello, King Rogazareth," I bowed my head to him, he nodded his head to me and flew away vanishing behind the bright neon lights igniting the sky. I made my way into the village where their mud tents stood tall while my brethren's slept. I walk over to where they built a campfire, I start the fire back up and place the fox in front of the fire to get warm.

Around the campsite I could tell nothing had changed, they were still the lazy boys when it came to putting away their things. I walked into the kitchen that I helped the boys to build from mud and wood. The kitchen was a disaster, almost like my life.

I took a deep breath in and made my way around the kitchen putting my ingredients together, trying to make my masters favourite cake. After mixing the batter, I covered it with the lid and left it there while I try to build a fire in the tiny fireplace. I rub the rocks together but all they would do is a spark, and nothing else.

I took the slabs of wood out and look at them, they were all wet, "that's not possible it never rains at this time of year," I whispered to myself, I look at the slabs of wood and realize they were all wet, I knew I couldn't go off to search for more because my wounds still weren't fully healed.

I continued to rub the black rocks together, with each time I did I felt myself becoming annoyed and frustrated that nothing was working. That me coming here took a turn for the worst and now I can't start a damn fire.

A gust of wind blew and I could feel my anger being whisked away, and being replaced with determination. I rub the rocks together, and uttered one word, "Fire," the entire chunk of wood set ablaze. The warmth of the growing flame prickled my skin.

Finally, it felt like something was working out in my favour, I continued to make my way around the kitchen, cooking something edible, than the crap my master would make.

The smell of well-seasoned fry chicken and stew beef littered the air. I started to knead the dough for the bread and allowed it to rise, as I diced up the fruits and vegetables, I got a smooth stone and started to grind up the fruits and vegetable before placing them in the pot and add water and set it to boil for 15 minutes.

I went for the big metal spoon and scoop up pieces of the charcoal and place it on the metal lid to help the cake, and the bread to finish up on time. I grab the pot off the fire when it started to bubble over, I grab a metal strainer and strain the juice into a container leaving it to cool and to sweeten later.

While the cake and the garlic bread finished up I went to the campground and started to place all of the food on the table and all the cutlery. The snapping of a twig made me stop in my track when I felt the sharp tip of a sword poking me in the back.

"Turn around slowly," I knew all my brethren's voices, this person was new, I tilted my head and look down at his legs, "I said turn around slowly," his stance was weak.

The spear was at my lower back, the fox was looking at the person that held the spear against me, "how did you manage to pass all those traps that were set for our trespassers?"

"Maybe because I was one of the people that helped to design, and put them up," I said.

"Impossible, girls are not allowed here," within a blink of an eye he was on the ground with the spear at his throat.

"I dare you to repeat that," he swallowed, and stare up at me.

"Athena," I look at a person that I've been longing to see since I've left to be on earth. I sent the spear flying, into a tree.

"Hello, Master," I folded my fist, and place it over my heart and bowed my head.