Chapter 25- Ill

Marcus POV...

It felt like time paused as I watched her body became still, I watched as all the nurses ran listening to the request of the doctor as they analyze the results of Athena's blood work, "Fredrick do not keep me in suspense, tell me what is wrong with her."

"She's been poisoned-"

"That's good that means all you need is to give her the cure and she'll be fine."

"Unfortunately it is more advanced than that," he hands the paper over to me, "as an individual who has attended a medical school you know that these components are beyond our technological advancement, these are elements that we have yet to even discover, there is nothing that I can do, except help her feel comfortable as she passes over to the next side, but that is all I am capable of, only a miracle can save her."

"That is why I am here," I heard a woman saying, before turning around, I was already familiar with the voice.

Guards surrounded her, "Hello Prince Marcus."

"Hekate, what are you doing here?"

"Is that how you treat an old friend, besides the child summoned me and I come when she needs me."

The guards held their spears and swords at her ready to attack, "leave you are not needed here, you know how I feel about your kind."

"You have mistaken Marcus I am not here on your behalf neither will I leave because you wish me to do so, and please don't forget what my mother has done for you, or do you need me to remind you?" I became silent, "good boy, now tell your men to stand down, before I make them," she says commanding me.

"I can see where Athena gets her attitude," I said before nodding towards the guards to stand down, "if my doctors can't save her do you honestly believe you can?"

She grabs my face and pulled me closer to her, "remember child my knowledge surpasses yours tenfold, regardless of how ancient you and your doctors are," she pushed passed me and walked towards Athena.

She walks over and looks at Athena, "My poor child," she turns and look at her left shoulder that had black veins now spreading to her neck, "what happened?" She  asks while cradling her face.

"She and I we were at the lake everything was fine until her legs just gave out and those black veins appeared out of nowhere."

"They didn't just appear out of nowhere this has been in her system for quite sometime now, has she left this dimension?"

"Yes, but she was perfectly fine when she returned."

"You are mistaken, whoever has done this knew what they were doing, because this poison has been in her body before her arrival, but I need to have a better idea who this person is," we all watched as she placed both her hand on Athena's head, "please child allow me access," she starts to chant, but before she could finish, she snaps her eyes open, and grabs her hand away from Athena, she starts to remove all the tubes that were attached to her body.

 "What are you doing?!" Doctor Fredrick yells.

"The longer she is here is the faster she fades," She turns and looks at me, "time is of the essence, regardless of how you feel about me and my kind it's time for you to put that aside for now and help me move her," I watched as the once confident woman now transformed into a woman who was filled with fear, her dark brown eyes were about to overflow when she whipped her tears away.

I picked Athena up and pulled her close to me, when I touched Athena's face, she was covered in cold sweat, but her body was burning up, "take her back to the lake and lay her in the water."