Chapter 3

It's night time and Christa and John are looking through the folders of crimes that John was stacked so Christa decided to help him, and she wants to get to know him more. Plus she was moved from her cubicle to his so they can work together, so pretty much there's two computers so they won't have to worry about having one computer.

John was about to sip his coffee, but realized that his mug is empty, he got up and asked, "Anyone for coffee?" But no one answered him, so he asked his partner. "Want coffee, Christa?" "Sure, mind if I tag along?" She said, "Okay." He said and the two detectives walked to get coffee.

As they approach pass the stairs, they saw a rookie police officer, she is Officer Jenny Taylor. "Hey." "Hey." John said as Christa look at the two, 'Who the hell is she?' Christa thought to herself as she began to feel a little jealous.

"What you got there?" He asked, "Oh, just came up from county morgue from Burke's bust." Jenny said as she show him and Christa the evidence. "Easy to miss, I guess. Looks like a real credit card, right?" "Flash drive?" John said as he saw that it really wasn't a credit card. "Yeah." "Burke? Hey, wasn't he your ex-partner, John?" Christa asked.

"Yeah. He was." He said, "Who's this?" Jenny asked, "Oh. This is Detective Johnson, she's my new partner." John introduce Christa to Jenny. "Nice to meet you." Christa said as she held out her hand, "Nice to meet you too." Jenny said as she shook her hand, "Anyway, I got to get it in to evidence. See ya." She said as walked away.

"Hey John, you go ahead, I'll meet you at our desk." Christa said, "You sure?" John asked, "Yeah. You can pick up our coffee. I just need to check something out real quick." Christa said. John nodded, "What kind of coffee you want?" He asked, "French Vanilla coffee." She said, "Got it." He said and walked away as Christa followed Jenny.

John went back to his cubicle and sip his coffee and he saved the other for his partner, then he began to think about Christa. He'll admit, Christa's beautiful and can tell that she's not a damsel in distress but a strong chick and he began to have feelings for her, but something tells him that something happened to her that makes it hard for her to trust that men will date her, but instead she wants to be friends, and he's going find out what.

Christa approched the evidence lock-up window and said, "I need to sign out some evidence that was brought down here." "Mmm. Well, you know the drill." The man said as he held out a clipboard for her to sign it. "I do." Christa said as she sign her name. The man took the clipboard and went to get the flash drive evidence.

He came back and gave it to her, she look at the card to make sure it's the same one Jenny show her and John and it was. "Thanks." She said and walked to the women's locker room.

John was looking at something on Christa's family, he was trying to find out what happened. When he saw Christa coming, he quickly press the 'Minimize' on the top right corner to hide it so Christa doesn't see what he was doing.

"Hey. Here's your coffee." John said as Christa sat down next to him, "Thanks." She said as she grab her coffee and sip it. "So, where did you go?" John asked. Christa held out the credit card/flash drive and said, "Just went to get this."

Christa took the card out of the bag, she flip the little piece of the card and plug it to the small box and wait for it to load on her computer. "Is it something to do with the crime of George Freemont?" He asked, "Yep. And something tells me that your ex-partner has something to do with him."