Chapter 5

They stop and check how many bullets they have left, "I have 9 rounds, and you have 8." Shaw said as they put the stack back in their guns, "Yeah, probably shouldn't have shot at those bastards." Christa said sheepishly, "It's alright. Come on." Shaw said as he opens a door and they went in another room.

They cautiously walked as they pointed out their guns and as they do, they heard the PA and heard Burke. "Shaw. Johnson. I've got a friend of yours here. Say hello." "Detective Shaw and Detective Johnson. It's Officer Taylor." Their eyes widen when they heard her, "Didn't I just warn her not to trust Burke? Now he's going to kill her." Christa said with annoyance.

"How old are you, Officer Taylor?" "I'm 23, sir." "And how long have you been with us?" "A month, sir." "Tell me... are you married?" "Yes, I am." "And what's the name of the lucky man?" "Brett." "Brett. Hear that, Shaw and Johnson? Now, if I don't see you two on one of these monitors in the next 5 seconds... Brett is going to be a widower." "That sick son of a bitch. I want to kill him." Christa said in anger, "Easy there, Christa." Shaw said, calming her down.

"Now, I know you two don't want another dead rookie cop on consciences, now do you? 5... 4... 3... 2..." Shaw and Johnson went in front of an camera, revealing themselves. "Your sick, Burke! Officer Taylor... Didn't I warned you not to trust him? Now he's going to kill you if you don't get out of there right now!" Christa yelled at the camera.

But it was too late, they heard a gun shot, which it means one thing; Burke killed Officer Taylor. "You sick asshole! Once you come out with your little lapdogs, I'm gonna kill you!" Christa yells at the camera as Shaw held her back.

Shaw glares at the camera and the two detectives left out of the camera's sight. They quickly went into the Crime Lab and they both went behind a desk, sat down to the ground and catch their breath.

"Shaw?" Christa said concerned when she saw her partner breathing heavily as he held his arm in pain, she quickly took out one of her roll up bandages and asked, "Okay, where did you get hit?" "Here." Shaw said as he lift his back shirt to show her where he got hit. "Oooo... hang on, your going to be alright. Just hold still." She said as she began to wrap up the wound so it doesn't get worse, unknown that Shaw was blushing, and so was she.

Once she's done, she clipped the bandage up as she said, "Here we go." "Thanks." Shaw said as he puts his shirt back down, he grab a telephone and press buttons to see if he can call anyone, but it won't work. "Of course." "Let me guess: they took out the telephone signal too?" Christa asked, knowing what Shaw's answer is, "Yup." Shaw said, "Great. Just great. And it's pretty obvious how they know which room or hallway we're in." Christa said as she pointed at the camera.

Shaw got up and walked towards and smash it with his gun. "Nice work." Christa said, she looked behind Shaw and yelled, "Look out!" She grab Shaw and they ran and hide behind a lab table as Burke and his team shoots at them, Shaw then shot a man in the head and hides back, "Tony!" They continue to fire until they stop. Shaw and Christa peaked and try to think of a plan.

"You're looking at that door, wondering if that's your escape route." They hear Burke said, "It's one of two options we're considering." Shaw said, "And the other option?" "Putting a bullet in your face along with your little lapdogs." Christa said.

"Unless you just want to turn in your gun and badge right now." Shaw said, "Yeah, well, that's just not much of an option, now, is it?" "Not really. Because your nothing but a scared little coward." Christa insulted him, she look at the dead man and saw that the gun is still on and took out the taser Shaw gave her, she shot at the arm and it shoots at the chemicals as Christa and Shaw ducked and cover their heads as the gun shots caused an explosion, as it caused everyone to fall on their backs.

They use that distraction to escape as Shaw open the vent and he and Christa went in and crawl through the vents. They went into another room and quickly went to the server room and saw blue and white wires, meaning they're for the security cameras.

"Here we go." Shaw said before he pulls some wires as Christa pulls out her switchblade and cuts the other wires. They saw a small computer screen and Christa smirks, she began to type something and the network is working again.

She pulls out the flash drive and began to send the evidence to IA. "Come on." Christa said, hoping the upload can reach to the IA. When the upload is about to be complete, it stopped, "What the-?" Christa was confused, how come it stopped uploading, then she saw the computer said, 'upload cancelled' she hits the computer and yelled, "Damn it!" She took the flash drive out and hid it with her.

"At least you tried." Shaw said as she nodded at him and they left the Server room. They walked up the stairs and stop to check how much bullets they had left, and saw that Shaw still has 9 and Christa still has 8.

They put the patch back in their guns and went up to the roof top. Shaw held the phone high to see if he can get a signal, "Come on, you piece of crap." Shaw said, then the phone began to ring as it shows it calling Captain Matthews. "Yes!" He said as he began to talk to Matthews once she answers it.

"John, is that you?" "Yeah, it's me." "Where are you?" "Johnson and I are on the roof. They jammed the cell phone signals in the building. Listen, I'm innocent." "John..." "You gotta believe me." "I've heard that you killed five cops in cold blood and lying to Detective Johnson."

"WHAT?!" Christa yells in disbelief, she grabs Shaw's wrist and move it to where his phone to her ear, "Shaw didn't kill those cops and he's not lying to me! Burke's lying!" Christa let go of Shaw's wrist so he can talk to Matthews.

"You know me. You really believe that?" "No, I don't. But you need to tell me what is happening in there." "It's Burke. He's dirty and we got the evidence." "Wait. What are you talking about?" "Burke and his men were working with Geroge Freemont. Selling him drugs from busts in return for a cut of profits." Christa then grab Shaw and they hidden as one of Burke's men shot at them, but misses.

They tackled him and fought him, but he's a little stronger than the last guy, but it hasn't stop them from fighting him, when they kicked him, he was about to fight them again until he saw the string on Christa's fingers, "Time for you to go to Hell, bitch." She said before Shaw grab her and cover her as the man yelled, "Oh, shit!" before he can take the vest off, he exploded.

Shaw look up to check if the coast is clear, but down at Christa who looked up and the two blushed at the postion they're in; Shaw was on top of Christa.

Shaw quickly got off of her as he coughs awkwardly as Christa look around, she saw their guns and pick them up, giving Shaw his gun back, "H-here." She said, "T-thanks." He said, they stopped blushing when they saw another man shooting at them and they ran back inside.

Shaw try to open the first door, but it was locked, Christa try to open the second door, but it was locked too, Shaw opened the last door, and it was unlocked and they went inside. "Got 8 rounds. You got 7 rounds. And we got 6 bad guys. Love those odds." Shaw said.

Christa then pulled an electrical wire and placed it on the door knob. They saw the door knob sparkling and exploded a little, meaning they got the man.