Chapter 8

They heard Shaw's phone ring and Shaw answered it, "Matthews?" "They cut the power. Signal jammer's down." "Listen, Johnson and I haven't got long. Burke destroyed the evidence. We're out of options. All right? You gotta call the SWAT off."

"I can't. It's Keppler's call." "You're our only option. All right? Or all this has been for nothing." "Okay. Can you and Johnson meet me at the rear of the building in the drill hall?" "We'll try." "Not good enough, Shaw." "Yeah, we can make it."

"Be there in 10 minutes." Shaw checked his watch and said, "Right." and hanged up and Christa asked, "Well? What did she say?" "We need to be at the rear of the building in the drill hall in 10 minutes." Shaw said, Christa nodded and said, "Then let's go." Christa and Shaw quickly went to the drill hall.

Christa and Shaw arrived to the drill hall. They heard the door opened and saw Matthews walking towards them. "Oh, thank God. You two made it." "Just about time." "I've got a car waiting out back. Come on." Shaw walked to the door when Christa behind him.

They heard a click and Christa felt a gun pointing behind her, "What's up with people pointing guns behind me?" Christa said annoyed, "Lose the gun." "Matthews?" Shaw said in disbelief, "What the fuck?" Christa said confused. "I said, lose the gun." Shaw put his gun down and Christa did the same.

"Burke?" The other door and Burke came out. "You're working with Burke?" Shaw asked, "Come on. Who do you think cleans up messes like tonight, huh?" "You little bitch." Christa growls.

Before Matthews knew it, Christa quickly grab her arm, causing her to drop her gun, and Christa punches Matthews as she tries to fight her back, but can't since Christa is stronger and faster.

Christa elbow Matthews in her stomach and threw her across the room, unconscious. "Looks like that the only good thing about tonight is this is going to be the last time you fight with somebody and cut you out of our operation." Burke said, Christa's eyes widen and turn to Burke and before she could do anything, Burke shot her in the stomach.

Everything happened in slow motion, Shaw's eyes widen as he watches his partner and crush died before his eyes as she fell to the ground, dead.

Shaw was angry, he quickly was about to pick up his gun, but Burke pointed his gun at him and threaten, "Don't even think about it." Shaw stood up from his gun and look at his now former partner's corpse with a broken heart.

"I was never the type to share my toys as a kid. I told you I'd never let you walk out of here. This is my show. It's taken a long time to build what I've built. And neither you or your former partner or George Freemont or anyone else will stand in my way. Enjoy retirement."

Before Burke can shoot Shaw, the SWAT team barge in as they yelled, "Hands where we can see 'em! Hands up! Move, move, move!" Burke left his hands high, "Detective Burke!"

The Chief and the other police came in as Burke yelled as he pointed at Shaw, "This son of a bitch just attacked Captain Matthews and shot Detective Johnson!"

A police man check Captain Matthews and said, "Captain Matthews is unconscious!" The other police man Christa's pulse and shook his head, meaning Christa is dead. "All right, we've got him. It's over. Arrest this piece of shit."

They were about to walk up to Shaw and arrest him, but Shaw said, "Wait! Wait. Everything you need to know it right here."

Shaw show his phone and the phone played what it record. "I told you I'd never let you walk out of here. This is my show. It's taken a long time to build what I've built. And neither you or your former partner or George Freemont or anyone else will stand in my way. Enjoy retirement." Burke was shock, Shaw was recording him the whole time, everyone look at Burke in disbelief and Shaw pick up his gun.

Burke took out his gun and before he can pull the trigger, Christa's eyes snapped opened and two gun shot went off; Shaw shot Burke in his leg and Christa shot Burke in his arm.

Burke shout in pain as he hold his leg and arm, Christa stood up as Shaw and everyone else looked at her in shock, his partner is alive, she was pretending to be dead all along.

"Looks like we're out." Christa said as she checked Shaw's and her own gun, "C-Christa?" Shaw stutters, Christa look at Shaw and smirked, "Do you all honestly think Burke killed me? If he wants to, maybe he should of check that my jacket is bulletproof and made by Kevlar."

Shaw chuckled, Christa took out handcuffs and cuff Burke as he grunts in pain. "And by the way." Christa pulls out the flash drive credit card. "The flash drive? But I-" "Destroyed it?" Christa cuts off Burke. "The one you destroyed was a fake."

Flashback:
Christa went to the women's locker room and took out an credit card she took from Kenneth Petters before he was arrested and turn it into the flash drive credit card as Christa said in the background, "I knew you and your lapdogs are going after the drive, so I use Kenneth Petters' credit card to look like the flash drive."

Christa gave the fake card to Shaw, "While I gave Shaw the fake card." Christa puts the real card in her back right pocket, "I had the real card with me all along."
Flashback over

"I know I suppose to tell Shaw that, but I didn't because I don't want him to tell you, not that I trust him." "I'll admit. You fooled me too." Shaw said impressed.

Christa smiled at him and walked up to the chief and gave him the flash drive, "All the evidence are in it, chief." Christa said before walking back to Shaw, "And it looks like I kicked ass with my new badass partner on my first day back after all." Shaw said as Christa smirked at him.

Shaw and Christa walked away as everyone looked at them, knew that Shaw and Christa are great partners. "Christa!" Christa smiled when she saw her friend Josiah.

The two girls hugged as Josiah said, "Thank god your OK. What the hell happened in there?" "Other than got shot in the torso, I'm pretty good. Shaw and I just got Burke busted."

"Really? What happened?" "I'll explain later, because right now." Christa lift her shirt a little to show her friend her wound, "Shaw and I need to get to a hospital."

"I'll tell them right now." Josiah said before she ran off to tell the Chief. Christa turn to Shaw as he said, "You know, if you told me you have the real card the whole time, you would at least told me."

Christa shrugged and said, "But where's the fun in that?" Shaw and Christa laughed, but Christa winced and groans as she held her wounded torso with her hand.

"You alright?" Shaw said concerned, "Yeah. The sooner we get to the hospital, the sooner this pain goes away." Christa said. Soon the Paramedics came and lead them towards the ambulance.