031

Elizabeth - @/lizsotobeth11
Brandon - @/brandon_arreaga

Brandon's dms will be on the left and in bold

My Phone screen showed the 10 digits of Brandon's number as I stared at it before I erased it for the hundredth time.

I couldn't call him, not yet.

Instead I turned off my phone and opened the door to Charlottes room. I haven't seen her in a few weeks which was a new thing for me since I'm usually here everyday in the summer.

When I walked inside and closed the door behind me, the first thing I noticed was that she wasn't in her bed.

That's weird.

Panic surged through me as I immediately thought the worst.

"Charlotte!" I shouted as I checked behind the curtains and inside the bathroom that was in her little suite.

She wasn't in the shower and she sure as hell wasn't hiding from me since she couldn't have known I was coming.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down as I walked back over to her bed and sat down on it.

My anxiety was getting pretty bad lately will all the things going on right now, but at least the pills were helping with my depression.

They didn't do much except numb the pain but it was a lot better than being overwhelmed with feelings.

I hugged my knees up to my chest.

This is exactly what happened when Charlotte and I found Adri, except when we looked in the bathroom, she was already there.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, recking the ponytail that I spent so much time on.

My head was in my hands, when a girl around my age opened the door to the room.

Her back was facing me and she was dressed in light blue ripped boyfriend jeans and a white cropped tank top.

She turned around to face me and I almost dropped my jaw in shock of how normal she looked.

"Char?" I swear there was drool coming out of my mouth. "What the snap crackle pop?"

"Oh great, you're here." She came over to me and reached underneath her bed and pulled out two suitcases.

"The doctors said I could go home today." She spoke quietly as she opened one of her bags and threw some clothes in it from the cabinet.

"W-Why didn't you tell me?" I asked. She looked so calm. She looked like she didn't spend months recovering. She looked fine.

"I was gonna call.." Her eyes moved to the papers on the table beside her bed. "..I think..I think.."

"I'm sorry okay." She looked towards her shoes.

She broke into tears and I held her as she cried.

I think it would be better for all of us if she came home.

I left her to pack up the rest of her things as I stepped outside of her room and reached inside my pocket for my phone.

I turned it on and almost automatically my fingers started to type Brandon's number.

I needed to hear his voice.

Right now that was all I wanted.