Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten! Whoop whoop! •

- Felix's POV -

He couldn't know, no one should know. I walked to school at the end of the week with that thought in my head, doing my normal 'ignore everyone' ritual. Because of Annalise, I had to put a mass amount of foundation on my cheeks to cover the bruises that have become darker over the few days.
I, however, couldn't hide the swelling so I looked like a stupid chipmunk and it hurt to eat or talk.
Throughout the day, I got a few side glances from teachers and a few whispered rumours from the students.

'Does he live in an abusive family?'
'Did he do that himself to look tough?'
'Was he beat up?'
I entered the gym, sitting at the back of the bleachers. Kaiden eyes flashed to me with concern, I gave him a small reassuring smile to tell him I'm fine. I made up some excuse to get out of gym class and sat on the bleachers watching them play volleyball with a few of the girls who had 'period pain'. I was working on the English, googling and writing down the themes from the book. I was getting prepared, our draft was due next week and Kaiden has been busy with practice.

"Look at him!" A girl gushed, her eyes on Kaiden
"He's so sexy"

"I know right? I'd go to town on that bod" the other one answered. Kaiden jumped up, hitting the ball back but the girls didn't squeal because of his awesome skill. They squealed because his jump made his shirt rid up showing a bit of his abs. Add to the fact that he wiped away sweat with the shirt pulled up made the girls have a heart attack. I rolled my eye. But I have to admit, he did look sexy, especially a couple of days when he experienced a motorbike ride for the first time. He looked more energetic and relaxed then he usually does.

"Do you think if I asked him, he'd go out with me?" One asked hopefully,

"Isn't he dating the cheer captain Skye?"

"Nuh-uh, I thought Skye was dating Braydon" another piped up.

"Yeah right, they're both players. Braydon will leave her for another piece of hot ass and Skye's only dating him to make Kaiden jealous"
Teenage drama.

"Alright, pack up!" The teacher barked, blowing his whistle. A few boys mucked around, continuing to play until the teacher started yelling at them. The bell rang and I immediately escaped the stuffy gym. It was lunchtime, my last class was History. I gathered my books which took longer than usual due to the mass amount of students crowded near my locker. I then began walking to my usual place at the library quickly. Only, when I got to the table it was already filled with Kaiden and Braydon. I groaned quietly, finding another one hidden behind a large bookshelf.

"Why are we in here?" Braydon whined,

"It's better studying in here than out there" Kaiden answered,
"And get your feet off the desk"

"Why are we studying?" Braydon asked.

"You are failing everything" Kaiden replied bluntly,

"Not gym!" Braydon said proudly making me scoff to myself quietly.

"So, I heard you asked out Skye? How'd it go?" Kaiden asked. I tuned out of the conversation placing my chin on my new book I was almost finished reading. 'Sabriel' By Garth Nix, an Australian author that I quite like. I breathed deeply, enjoying the smell of the pages and listening to the hum of the library. Kaiden and Braydon seemed to be bickering about something, I turned my head to rest my cheek on the cool book.

I could see Kaiden through the shelves piled with books. He looked happy, not as happy as a couple of nights ago, but happy nonetheless. He joked with Braydon, letting a smile creep across his square jaw before he laughed loudly. It had a nice ring to it, a nice melody over Braydon's snorts and the library's quietness.

The bell rang, cutting off his laughter as he started to gather his stuff. When he stood up, I got a good look at his ass before I quickly looked away. Stupid shelving placements made me out to be a perv. I packed up my things dashing from the library.

~

I began my track home when a black, expensive looking car pulled up beside me. A few students walking to the bus stop gave it a few side glances, especially when 2 muscular guys came out. However, they seemed to not notice the fact that these guys grabbed me and threw me in the shiny car. As soon as the door was shut and locked, I started cursing.

"What the fuck?! Lemme out you thick headed bastards!"
A sharp cough came from the seat across from me. I should've known it was that fucker.

"Hi, Lucas" I muttered at the posh looking man sitting proudly in the car seat. He smiled,

"Hello Felix, or should I call you Razor?" He said amusingly. I rolled my eyes, sick of seeing his perfect face.

"Can I go now?" I asked with a neutral expression, his smile twitched.

"Unless you want to jump out of a moving car on the motorway, be my guest," he said, I glared at him before giving up and leaning back in the expensive leather seats. I gazed out of the tinted windows, it was sometime before I spoke up.

"I'm not going back," I said stubbornly.
"I don't want to"

"And why not?" Lucas asked with his twisted smile on his face.
"We practically raised you, taught you everything and yet you leave" he wore a slight pout like I actually hurt him.

"You didn't raise me to be the perfect kid" I snapped,
"You raised me another member of your stupid posse"
His eyes grew dark, I recognised the expression and it sent shivers down my spine.

"Remember who was the one who saved you from that hell hole you called a home" he snarled making me flinch. The car jolted to a stop and the guards practically shoved me out onto the gutter. I looked up at Lucas whose expression was still the same.

"Know your place you mongrel," he said slamming the door and the car floored it down the road. I stood up, dusting off my pants from grass muttering curses at him that I will never say to his face. I began looking around at my surroundings, straightening my crooked hoodie. I paused, not recognising any of my surroundings.

"Mother fucker!" I hissed noticing he dumped me in an unknown area of the town.

"Felix?" A familiar voice asked, my saviour, stood on the other side of the road with Lucy holding his hand.

A/N- So sorry for not updating as much as I used to! I have assignments due, I have no phone to work on the story on the go and we are fostering two 5 week old puppies! (We got them when they were 4 weeks old, the owner's dog had a litter of 9 in the pound but the owner only wanted the mother back and left the puppies so now we are taking care of them)
They are so cute! We named them Spud and Loki
(Spud cause they look like potatoes and Loki cause he was very mischevious when we got him)
So again, I am sorry for not updating

Update: Photos

The wrinkled one is spud, Loki is the other one

The wrinkled one is spud, Loki is the other one. About 6 weeks old now