Chapter Fourty- Six

~ Kaiden's POV ~
As the last bell rang, I bolted to the gym on my moonboot hoping to get a good seat.

"What's your rush?" Braydon asked as I met him at my locker.

"I'm meeting a blue eyed beauty at the gym"

"More like a one eyed beauty" Skye interrupted,
"Why does the 'nerd' have bandages on his eye?" She asked suspiciously.

We swore to secrecy what happened. Felix made me promise him to never speak of Lucas again. I can tell that despite Lucas's words of surrender, he still felt like he will wake up in that nightmare again. He avoided his house, mostly camping out in the back of the twins bar. They knew about Lucas too, they were always worried by Felix told them to stay out of it or them and they're family would be in danger.
Felix was a mess but he kept it together, I knew him well enough to know how terrified he was.

"It doesn't matter" I replied to Skye who raised an eyebrow in response.

"Well, I've got detention" Braydon said slamming his locker shut,
"Mr Shaggin didn't approve of my jokes"

"Maybe because you call him Mr Shaggin like a child"
Braydon glared at Skye who glared back, the tension in the air was thick. I don't know what happened between them but they clearly dislike each other.

"Well, why aren't you going home? Waiting for the exorcists, demon?"
More glaring.

"I am on the prom planning committee, second in charge. The leader is doing the maths tournament so I have to be there today" she replied,
"So I'm actually doing something good"
More glaring before I ripped apart from them and went to the gym. I found a seat in the front row easier then I thought. There was only a few nerdy students and parents. During my games, you have to get in early if you wouldn't find a good seat. But, then again, I will have to sit in the crowd now.

I waited, playing games on my phone before the doors opened. The rival team entered, almost glided, and sat down. A few minutes later, Felix arrived with the club. I smiled at him, he gave me a small smile too before looking away with a blush. God he was cute, even with half his face covered in bandages and a slight limp in his walk.

I watched his team answer questions I had no idea were about. Maths wasn't my strong point, neither was English. I liked history but kept forgetting specific dates. But I wasn't here to participate, I was here to support my boyfriend. I still feel giddy at that word, I've always been the boyfriend now I have a boyfriend.
A loud siren interrupted my train of thought. At first, I thought it was from the school but then I saw blue and red flashing lights that I've seen so many times. I grew up with a cop, this was normal but what were they here for. The maths team looked out the double doors to the car park, there was a whole police squad out there but what surprised me was the man behind the megaphone.

"FELIX VANTOR. COME OUT SLOWLY AND PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR" Connor called with some static. Why was Connor standing there in uniform? Was he an undercover cop? Then I saw another familiar face beside Connor, my dad in his captains uniform, his gun pointed at the school. I hobbled to Felix

"Felix..." I said,
"My dad... he's out there.."
He looked worried, I wanted to wrap my arms around him but he shrugged off my arm.

"I'm sorry" was all he said. 

"COME OUT NOW OR WE WILL REMOVE YOU BY FORCE" Connor called. He walked out the gym, raising his hands in the air. All the police raised their guns at him.

"FELIX VANTOR. YOU ARE UNDER ARREST FOR STREET FIGHTING UNDER THE GUISE OF RAZOR, GANG RELATED ACTIVITY, DRUG SELLING AND THE TWO RECENT MURDERS"

Murders? I knew about everything but not any murders. The body of Jason Dean in the river, the warehouse murders connected to a gang, him ignoring me on New Years..... oh god. I had to get to him, I ran as fast as I could with a large boot on my foot. 2 police officers held me back from Felix on the hood of a police car.

"Stays away Kaiden!" My dad yelled, almost growled, at me. He was furious, he scared me. I watched as the love of my life was harshly shoved into the back of the cop car. He didn't fight, didn't yell, didn't curse; he went quietly and sent me a sad smile before Connor and Annalise got into the front seat and drove off. My dad turned onto me,

"Did you know?" He asked, grabbing me by my shoulders.
"DID YOU KNOW?!" He roared.

"YES!" I yelled back startling my father, I never raised my voice at him. Hot, angry tears flooded my eyes.
"I knew everything about my boyfriend; I knew it all!"
The back of my father's hand connected with my cheek, a sharp sound seemed to echo through the car park.

"You endangered my family" he snarled,
"You disappoint me" he stormed off leaving me looking at the ground with tears in my eyes. I looked around, my dads coworkers looked sympathetic but no one approached me. Students watched, some held the phones recording. I walked back into the gym, seeing the parents practically screaming at the lady who hosted the game.

"Please tell your complaints to the principal" she called over the chatting parents. Melissa looked horrified,

"We're a member down, how are we going to win!?" She wailed, shaking Kenzie by her shoulders.

"You"
Hector jumped from his hunched position by the door, he was sneaking out.

"I'm sorry" he yelped,
"Annalise is a junior cadet at the police precinct. Connor is her partner, they went undercover looking for Razor. I had to tell her I knew who he was!" He cried, nervously chewing on his lip and hyperventilating. I only walked away from him, down the hall. Students poked their heads out from the class rooms, Skye ran down the hall and grabbed my hand. 

"Everyone's talking about what just happened" she said,
"Is it true?"

"I-" I felt a lump in my throat forbidding my from speaking. I walked around her and out the front doors.

~

Everyone was talking about Felix over the next month, the videos went viral. They all whispered and rumours flew around the school. Only Braydon and Skye stayed with me, everyone else avoided me. I was the former basketball captain with a broken dream and a boyfriend in prison. That's right, Felix was sent to prison. He's 18, of course he'd be sent there. But due to the fact that he gave Lucas up, he's sentence was reduced from 40+ years to only 37. Plus, because he's still classified as young and his unavoidable upbringing, the most years he has is 20.

I went alone to prom, graduated and started in college. Although no more casts or moon boots, I had a large scar on my knee and it was difficult to move sometimes. My father never spoke to me again, my mother was conflicted but I knew she was disappointed. Lucy missed Felix, she liked him no matter what. She has walked in on me sobbing after getting off the phone with him. She joined in my pity party, she is a good sister.

She was the only one sad when I left for college, my father couldn't wait to get rid of me.
I knew he hated me now, my mother watched through the window with a sad look in her eyes as I packed my car.
I got a job at Juno's restaurant, I was accepted into their family. Adrian and Landor become good friends, Juno and her husband Corban treated me like their son.

I got a better job after College in Seattle and immediately moved there, all I had to do now was wait for him.