Chapter Fourty- Nine (Extra)

~ Kaiden's POV ~
The snow fell lightly onto the ground, I shivered in my parka.

"It's freezing" I said,

"Seattle was colder" Felix replied making me nod. It was true. It's been about a six months since he got out and we had come back into town for visits, it was only the first of December.
Felix had gotten a job as the math teacher at the school I worked at, we convinced the principal to overlook the past criminal history.

Besides, the school was more in the future kind of thing. The music teacher had tattoos covering his neck and arms while the English teacher had a drug addiction. The principal gives everyone a shot so he gave Felix one. As long as Felix studied at the local community college to get his teaching degree, he could be a teachers aid until he got his degree. So he assists the principal teaching math and I can tell he loved Felix.

"Where are we going?" I asked, watching my breath rise in the air as a small cloud.

".... yes" Felix replied making me chuckle, I dug my cold hands into his jacket pockets from behind.
"I told you to pack your mittens"

"I forgot" I admitted, Felix shook his head with a smile.

"We look weird"

"You look weird" I retorted, he laughed as we shuffled along the walkway. I recognised the neighbourhood,

"What-?"

"Don't stress, Lucy wanted to say hey" Felix said.
"She said as soon as we get off the plane, we needed to meet her"
We stopped across from my old home, I rested my chin on Felix's head as we waited for Lucy. I saw her in the window, frantically waving with a broad smile before disappearing. The front door opened but Lucy wasn't standing there, my mother was.

"Kaiden...?"
I tensed up, she slowly approached the road before crossing to meet us.
"Kaiden..."
Felix moves away, clearly a little awkward. My mother wrapped her arms around me in a hug surprising me. I thought she'd slap me like my father did, accuse me of conspiring with a dangerous criminal.

"Mum..."

"No matter what.... no matter what you choose I'm still your mother!" She said with tears in her eyes, she looked up and faced me with a stern yet kind look in her eye.
"I don't care if you've chosen Felix but call me every once in a while. Tell me about your life"

"I'm sorry" I mumbled, she gave me another hug as Lucy ran over.

"Felix!" She manoeuvred around me and hugged Felix. My mothers attention was put onto Felix.

"Hello Mrs Smith"
He looked very uncomfortable and I knew he didn't want to be there. She looked at him up and down,

"Please call me Willow" she smiled, I let out my breath I didn't know I was holding. Felix smiled,

"I'll take good care of your son"

"Don't worry about it" she replied.
"Just.... watch yourself. Especially around here" she gave him a short hug before going back inside. Lucy gave me a hug,

"I miss you" she mumbled.
"Dad burnt all the pictures of you but I saved a few"

"Don't worry about me" I said,
"Watch yourself and stay in school"

"So what's been happening?" Felix asked, Lucy launched into a long chat about how a 'bitch named Lygtala stole her textbook' ("Who names their kid that? I kinda feel bad for her" she said) and 'how cute the boy in her science class is'. I wasn't listening until she mentioned me.

"Take good care of my thick headed brother"
Felix laughed as Lucy wished us well and went back inside, waving goodbye to us and yelling at us to text her. Felix grabbed my hand,

"I'm going to take you where I haven't been in many many years" he said. He lead me through the town to the local church on the outskirts. There is the graveyard. We walked past the iron gates, snow crunching under our shoes as we weaved through the tombstones. Felix stopped suddenly in an older section making me walk into him. I looked at the crumbling tombstone in front of Felix. It looked like it hadn't been taken care of for years. But Felix brushed away the snow and it read

'ELIZABETH FAITH VANTOR
LOVING MOTHER, WIFE AND DAUGHTER.
TOOK FLIGHT ON ANGEL WINGS TOO EARLY
1978-2007'

"Oh" I mumbled, Felix sat crossed legged on the snowy ground in front.

"She didn't get a proper burial. I had to owe the priest in payments, paying off my debt slowly" he said, gingerly touching the ground.
"She deserved so much more"

"Hello Mrs Vantor" I addressed the tombstone,
"I'm the boy dating your son"
Felix snorted a little behind me.

"I love your son so much" I paused, turning to Felix with a smile
"So much that I want to be apart of your family. If you'd have me."
Felix tilted his head slightly, a confused look on his face.

"What I'm trying to say is, will you give me permission to take your beautiful son as my husband?"
Silence. There was no sound, not even a bird taking flight. I turn to Felix who was still on the ground, scared that he'd say no.
But, tears were spilling from his blue/white eyes, his lip quivered before he pounced into my arms with a sob. He started practically wailing, biting down on my shirt to stop himself from yelling.
"I sure hope your mother said yes"
Felix laughed as I pulled out a ring box, getting down on one knee.

"So Felix, will you marry me?" I asked, Felix nodded.

"Yes, oh my god yes!" He yelled into the afternoon. Before pressing his lips to me, I welcomed his kiss and wrapped my arms around him. He pulled away,
"How'd you know I was coming here?"

"Lucy has a big mouth" I replied,
"I knew we were going to see your mother"
Felix laughed, he looked so happy as I slid the gold ring on his finger. We spent the afternoon, sitting together next to Elizabeth's grave in the afternoon sun with a gentle snow fall.
Felix cuddled into me, watching his ring glitter in the sun.
He pressed his lips to mine, pulling back and showing his tear stained cheeks and broad smile.

"I'm glad I threw someone at your car Mr Jerk-face"
I let out a loud laugh,

"So am I"