Chapter Twenty-One

- Felix's POV -

I stared at his retreating back, groaning as I turned back around. I know I'm in my last year of high school and I should be enjoying it but I'm only here so I can get my certificate and go. I'm not sticking around this place, I want to leave this town and fly to Seattle. Make a living there with a simple job. Meet a lovely girl and make a lovely family. While I'm frail and old, I'll look back and think 'I'm really glad I left that town' with no regrets.

I didn't want to go to the game but if the captain orders you, you ignore him and hope he doesn't care. I would just text him later and make up some excuse about not being able to make it. It wasn't until I got home that I realised how light my pocket felt. After a few taps, I confirmed it. That bastard stole my phone to make me go to the game. I smirked, chuckling to myself as I unlocked the door. The last person I needed to see was sitting on my bar stool, he flashed me a fake smile.

"Welcome home" Lucas chirped,

"I seem to be seeing your ugly face more often" I commented, dumping my school bag on the couch.

"This is not ugly" he said in a offended tone,
"I have you know, the lady at the front desk loved me"

"Great, go bother her then" I snapped leaning against the bench. His eyes glared but his face remained calm.

"I come out of my way to see you and you can't even offer me a drink" he said,
"What have I taught all those years ago?"

"How to fight, how to steal, how to cheat, how to sell drugs..."
I listed them off, counting them on my fingers.
"How to not get caught by the cops, how to shoot, how to kill.... it seems manners were not on the list"
He scowled, showing me the darker side that I feared.

"I'll be seeing you again" he said with his expression still dark. He walked out proudly before turning back to me,

"You seem to have forgotten my lesson on a clean house" he hummed in amusement before turning back down the hall way. Lucas always liked a clean and tidy house, I swear he's OCD. That's why I keep my room a mess, to keep away demons like him. But I cannot forget the lessons he has taught me, I shivered at the thought of the punishments. I hated him, I hated him and his stupid expensive clothing and his stupid perfect hair and his stupid rich attitude! I hate everything about him.

"Stupid fucking Lucas" I muttered as I undressed to get in the shower,
"This is my house, not his".
After showering, I got dressed back into my nerdy outfit (grey turtle neck and blue jeans with my beat up sneakers). I grabbed my keys, too lazy to walk back to school, and locked my home up. While walking downstairs, I saw Lucas leaning against the front counter talking to Nikki. Rolling my eyes, I swished past him in hope of avoiding him but he jogged to catch up to me. I shivered in the cold night air, hoping I don't get another cold.

"Where are you going dressed like that?" He asked, wrinkling his nose as I threw my leg over my bike. I planned to hide it behind the diner near the school.

"Basketball game" I said, shoving on my helmet. I saw his slick black car near me, his body guards at the ready.

"You? Going to a school event? Showing teen spirit?" He crackled,
"That's a good one"

"It's true" I said simply. I rev my engine, cutting off whatever he said before I floored it out of there. But not before giving his door a mighty kick, leaving a dent in its smooth finish. The body guards got ready to chase me but I already zoomed out of there with my head still intact. I found my way to the diner, stashing my bike behind the dumpster. After a quick dust down, I entered the front of the shop wanting to kill some time. I drank a cappuccino to warm me up while waiting until the time crept up where I only had 10 minutes until the game started.

I made my way there with 3 minutes to spare. The students were flooding into the gym, both our school and Eastfield students filled the gym on both sides. Basically everyone had their colours worn on themselves, it was as though I was the only sane one with nothing to do with any school.
I saw a couple of familiar faces but I kept my distance as I sat in the very back corner. I noticed Kaiden mum and sister at the front with the tiger colours painted on their faces, no father though. I straightened my glasses as the principal came into the middle with a microphone.

"Ladies and gentleman, I welcome you to our magnificent school"
I snorted quietly to myself, rolling my eyes. What was magnificent about this shit tip?

"Today is the big game between Westfield Tigers and Eastfield Sharks"
The sides exploded with cheers when their teams were called.

"We welcome the Eastfield high students and we hope this game is fair and enjoyable" the principal finished. The two teams jogged out, waving at the roaring crowd. I rolled my eyes as I watched Kaiden flex, making the girls swoon. The game was underway, the only sound was the sneakers squeaking, the ball bouncing and the occasional deep breath of the crowd as the ball almost got into the hoop.
The cheerleaders stood on the side, encouraging their respective team.

I grew bored after a while, especially not knowing the rules. I played on my phone, snapping my head up to cheer every once in a while. Soon there was only a few minutes left with Sharks in the lead. I watched as Braydon passed the ball, giving a sly smirk as his eyes danced around the cheerleaders. I can see why Skye and Braydon broke it off, he didn't even like her. My eyes followed the ball until it landed in Kaiden's hands, I lingered on Kaiden after he passed the ball longer then I should have. But the way his muscles in his arms rippled as he passed the ball enticed me slightly.

"And the clock is counting down, with Sharks at 32 and Tigers at 30 it looks like a tight game" a student commented over the excited babble of the students. The electronic clock on the wall counted down in bright red numbers. Braydon lined up for the shot but missed, the crowd groaned as the ball was stolen by the Sharks. But Kaiden stole the ball back and with one mighty push, it sent the ball into the hoop with a three-pointer. The crowd exploded in cheers, with 6 seconds left the Sharks didn't have a chance. Students flooded on the court when the buzzer went off, they cheered with their team.

"What a save! Sharks at 32 and Tigers at 33, Tigers have taken victory from the Sharks!" The commentator called, soon only I remained on the stands. I didn't not rush and congratulate Kaiden with the others, instead I slinked out of the gym and started walking away from the warm lights of the school into the cold park. I pulled down the sleeves of my turtle neck when I heard footsteps.

"Hey Felix!" Kaiden called, he was still in his basketball uniform.

"How'd you escape the hoards of people?" I asked amused as he stood shivering slightly in the cold wind. Winter was quickly arriving,

"Slipped out" he shrugged. He pulled out my phone from his back pocket,
"Thanks for coming"

"I'm glad I did" I mused, sure it was annoying and loud but I liked the atmosphere of the game.

"Can I get my prize?" He asked with a smirk,
"You know, cause I won and everything"

"What do you want?" I sighed,
"I don't want to have to spend a enormous amount of money on your ugly ass-"

Instead of saying anything, he cut me off with a hug. A warm hug that made me feel giddy, he wrapped me in his arms and squeezed lightly as I pressed into his chest. I have never experienced something like this, I swallowed a lump in my throat as I carefully wrapped my own arms around him. He pulled back, giving me a smile. Before I could say anything, he pecked my lightly on the cheek. He still wore the smile as he dashed back inside when he heard his name, leaving me astounded. The place he kissed tingled slightly, my mind was hazy and the only thing I could say was,

"That was two prizes jackass"

I know a little about basketball cause I played it in grade 6, which was years ago.

Also, AW! THEIR RELATIONSHIP IS GROWING! So proud of my sons~