Chapter Twenty-Seven

- Felix's POV -

Caesar sat in the back with Lucy, looking out the window curiously as a small amount of snow fell outside. We pulled up at the mall, Kaiden grabbed Caesar while I unbuckled Lucy. She ran ahead giggling while I tucked Caesar in my jumper, his head was the only thing that popped out.

"Let's go" Kaiden said as he grabbed Lucy's hand and mine. He let go of it with a smile, dismissing it as a reflex like the hug. I couldn't stop thinking about it, I know I should but it made me feel protected and wanted. It made me feel what my mother made me feel. We entered the heated mall, people rushing around happily as they shopped for Christmas things. We wandered around, Lucy stopping at pretty much every stores window. She then lead us to the jewellers, entering in the shop. Everything seemed to flow and sparkle under the harsh lights. Lucy looked at every case and got to one where they had necklaces.

"Look at that one!" She gushed, pointing at a small gold chain necklace with a pink diamond heart charm which was as small as Lucy's pinky nail.

"This is one from our kids collection, a range of jewellery for children" a worker behind the counter explained, I looked at the price. $130, cheaper then the adult necklaces but still expensive.
"Also, no dogs in the store" she said sweetly eyeing down Caesar who moved into Kaiden's jumper. Lucy stared at every piece before I had to drag her away, we met Kaiden back outside the store with Caesar.

"Let's go to the pet shop" I said, leading them through the mall. Caesar kept squirming in Kaiden's jumper until I took him back. We went up the escalators, a group of girls in front of us. Kaiden was clearly checking out their butts, Lucy watched the people going down and I noticed a lot of stares. When we got to the top, the group of girls came up to us.

"Whose puppy is that?" One asked, twirling her red hair around her finger.

"It's my ESA" I stated, they looked a little confused.
"Emotional support animal" I sighed. They began cooing over Caesar before Kaiden intervened,

"Thanks for the talk ladies but we should be going" he smiled his killer teeth and practically pushed me away from their claws. I smirked,

"Jealous?" I teased he looked away.

"Of who?" He muttered, I tilted my head before smirking.

"There's two possibilities for you too be jealous of. Either the girls not talking to you, or my attention on the girls and not you. So, which is it?" I teased, he faced me.

"The girls" he stated but a small blush crept up his neck. We found ourselves at the pet store, Kaiden went in to make sure dogs were allowed in.

"She said yeah after I explained the circumstances" Kaiden said and we went in. The attendant was a little older lady with a kind looking face.

"Bring this abandoned pup here" She called, I dumped Caesar on the counter. He immediately took a likening to her, licking her face. She laughed,
"You poor thing" She called. While Caesar and Lucy were busy with the lady, I looked around. I needed some puppy pads because I'm sick of him peeing and pooping on my floor, some food and a collar. I'd be finding an owner soon so I didn't need much. I grabbed puppy pads and puppy food, I found Kaiden at the collars.

"What about this one?" He asked, holding up a black collar with studs on it.

"It'd look good on me but not little Caesar" I said making Kaiden laugh. I felt him buckle the collar under my neck and stood back nodding.

TroublemakerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara