Chapter Twenty

- Felix's POV -

I was back at school on Friday, I still had cold yesterday (although the symptoms weakened) and Kaiden had basketball practice that afternoon. I went back to the hospital and they were able to take my stitches out so now I had a small scab on my forehead.
However, once I arrived at school today it was like teen spirit and motivation had a baby and that baby threw up on our school. It gave me a headache.

The halls were decorated in our school colours, orange and black for the Westfield High Tigers. The mascot (a senior who didn't make the team but was still good enough to be named the mascot) roamed the halls wearing the uniform and roared using a pre-recorded tiger roar to scare the girls. Cheerleaders stood out the front, practicing their routine with Skye leading the pack. Braydon paraded around, high-fiving the dudes and I even saw him sign some girls chest.
The rumours of Braydon and Skye dating had fizzled out, replaced by a new one. Skye had dumped Braydon at practice while Kaiden skipped. I found it amusing to hear about someone's love life failed.

"We are presenting near the end of school so be on time!" Mrs Johnson called over the class, Kaiden had slept through half of it with the excuse that he needed to be well-rested for the game. We were almost done anyway, just a few more things and we would be finished.
The day past quickly and I found myself in the library with Kaiden at break time. He munched happily on a sandwich,

"What are you doing here?" I snapped quietly.

"Whatever do you mean?" He said raising an eyebrow innocently.

"I heard the cheerleaders were throwing a party of some sorts in the cafeteria" I said,
"Why aren't you there?" He shrugged.

"If you're not going then I won't either, you're suppose to keep an eye on me remember?" He said with a smug smile on his face. I groaned,

"Don't you want to see Skye? I heard she's back on the market" I hinted. His expression grew dark before he smiled again.

"I heard everything from Braydon. Skye dumped him because he kept flirting with other girls and she kept flirting with other guys. It happened the day we went spray painting" Kaiden said,
"He found out what happened in the classroom, but they're happier as friends"

"Look" I sighed,
"I don't give a crap about teen drama, it's all a load of-" I was cut off by Braydon waltzing up.

"Hey Kaiden! Why aren't you at the canteen? The cheerleaders baked a massive cake for the team and everyone is having fun" he said happily before he faced me,
"Why are you here with him?" He spat. I shot him a death glare as Kaiden looked between us with uncertainty.

"I am sick and tired of people at this fucking school!" I snarled. He flinched a little under my gaze.
"You can all fucking eat my ass and piss off! Kaiden can hang out with whom ever he wants, even if it's the school nerd"

"What did you say to me?!" Braydon roared,
"You fucking cocky bastard!" He held his arm up for a punch but Kaiden stepped in. He hesitated before lowering,

"Why are you protecting someone like him?" Braydon snapped.

"Because like you, he is my friend" Kaiden said sternly, Braydon opened and closed his mouth like a fish.

"But he's a nerd-"

"I don't care if he's a 2 cent hooker, he is my friend and assignment partner"
Braydon stomped off, muttering under his breath. I poked my tongue out at him as he left.

"It seems more and more people are starting to suspect me ever since I started hanging out with you" I mused.
".... also, do I really look like a 2 cent hooker?"

He chuckled, going back to his abandoned sandwich, not answering my question (rude). I wasn't worried, Skye's too stupid to put two and two together and Braydon won't tell anyone, instead he'd take it out on me.
After break, there was a mandatory year level meeting. The other grades had this meeting at different times of the day. We piled into the gym, practically sitting shoulder to shoulder. Kaiden sat with Braydon and Skye along with the other popular people that I had no interest in learning their names.

"Hello students" the principal came on stage,
"As you know, I am Mr Sinclair and we are here to discuss an important manner" he paused.

"We are here to discuss the matter of the spray painting incident"
Behind him on the pull down screen, the projector showed our work. Mutters broke out over the students,

How'd they do that?
I like the skull
They're disrespecting our city
Cool!
The opinions were all different.

"Police have been cleaning it and have been investigating" the principal continued
"They have requested us to tell all students with information to come forth and remind you that this is our city, you should treat it with respect"
The rest of the meeting was just blabber about different things before the bell rang.

"And remember students, Go Tigers!" The principal cheered making everyone whoop and cheer as well. Once they settled down, we were ushered out for our last class. I found myself in HPE, the class dawdled around the sides as everyone packed up and left. Mr Allens blew his whistle once the gym was cleared,

"We only have 20 minutes of class time left" he called over the muttering students.
"Let's get this gym ready for tonight!"

He sent us off with jobs like clean the stands, tape up the decorations and check over the equipment. We were facing our biggest rivals, the private school called Eastfield high (also known as Eastfield Sharks with blue and purple colours). It was located further in the city where the best people lived, the richest. Westfield sat close to the boarder of the 'good side' and the 'bad side'. To me, it's a bunch of bullshit. This town is just that, a town, there is no good or bad.

Kaiden and his gang were in the lockers, already getting changed even though the match started at 7 that night. I was stuck sweeping under the bleachers where students threw their unwanted garbage. Afterwards, the bell rang and everyone piled out. The halls where a sea of happy and pumped students, their chatter and cheers could be heard echoing off the white walls. I plugged in my earphones, hoping to block out their chant.

Westfield tigers! Westfield tigers! Westfield tigers! Westfield tigers!
It was so repetitive and dull, like a broken record player that someone was to lazy to fix so they just left it skipping over the same spot over and over again. As I walked out the school and down a little further, I felt a tap on my shoulder and a slight movement near my pocket making me jump into an alert phase. Kaiden held his hands up in a submissive position,

"Calm down! I'm sorry I scared you" he said, he wore the basketball uniform. A tank top and shorts with orange and black stripes, a large number 4 was printed on his back. He wore face paint that the cheerleaders were doing, a simple design made to look like war paint with our colours on it.

"What is it?" I asked, he smiled at me.

"I'll see you at the game right?"
He sounded so hopeful as I shrugged,

"Wasn't planning too but why?"

"Because I need to show off" he said proudly,
"You've shown me how you fight, time for me to show you how I fight so I'll see you later tonight"

"Idiot" I muttered, as he wore a puppy like smile.

"If I win, I expect a prize" and with that said, he pranced off back to the school.