Chapter Three

Edited*

My legs pumped back and forth as I took off and sprinted across the perfectly green grass. As fast as my legs pumped back and forth, my mind was running even faster. All different types of things were travelling over 1000 kilometers an hour through my brain, but only one thing was clear; I needed to get out of there, and fast.

I didn't even bother turning around to see if it was chasing after me or not. My eyes were locked on the pathway that lead me back to the safety of the work van, and with each step I took the van got closer and closer.

This is not normal, you're going delusional, and I kept repeating to myself over and over again as well as run faster!!!

The path wasn't far off and I could see the stone steps in fine detail now, all the cracks and colour change occurring throughout every singular stone. Usually, I would be intrigued with how awesome they look but right now I didn't give them a second thought. I pushed my legs even faster than before and pumped my arms in time with my legs. My breathing was heavy as I pushed myself to reach the safe destination.

As soon as I felt skin on my arm, I felt relieved. Another person! I spun around so quickly my head started spinning, or maybe it was from the run that saved my life, as well as all of the adrenaline racing throughout my body or the initial shock of being chased down by a huge wolf.

Just as I was about to open my mouth and speak, I locked eyes with the man in front of me. He has the same eyes. The exact same deep brown eyes that the overgrown wolf has. I could not pick one difference as I stared into them, getting lost in my thoughts. I stifled a gasp as my hand moved quicker than light up to my mouth, clearly showing the shock I am in.

'Mine,' He whispered so lowly that I just heard the singular word that made my blood run cold. He moved his body even closer into mine. My hands were shaking involuntarily and my eyes were shut tight.

Stay calm, I told myself. The man standing in front of me looked worried, and as his eyes stared into mine I willed myself to think rationally. His eyes were identical to the wolf. How could that be?

The dark brown eyes felt as if they were staring into my soul, I gasped out loud and placed my hand over my mouth in shock. I tried to play it cool, acting as if he didn't have identical eyes to an overgrown wolf that I was positive was going to eat me for a late lunch, but all that went out the window when he asked me for my name.

'Al-lan-na,' I stuttered, sounding like the most frightened person to ever roam the planet even though it was supposed to be calm and confident.

'Beautiful.' He whispered. 'I'm Michael,' he said in a soft voice while running his hand up and down my sides. I shied away from the touch and took a step backwards to get out of his reach. A low growl left his lips as I tried to put distance between the two of us. The more he growled, the more I tried to get away to put distance between the two of us and the tighter his hold got on me.

'Your eyes were the same, and you,' I started but didn't know how to finish what I was saying without sounding like a crazy freak. The glint in his eye told me he knew what I was talking about, but he made his face look like he had no idea what I was talking about.

'What, what are you?' I whispered, the fright evident in my tone. My voice was shaking as well as my hands that couldn't seem to stop moving. His dark brown eyes bored into mine. His skin tone was pale for his part of Australia, but he was still perfectly golden brown. His hair was cut short and was a dark brown, darker than his eyes and almost black. His frame was tall. Standing about 6 foot 3, towering over me by about 7 inches.