Chapter Nineteen

I feel horrible! It's been to long since my last update so I've made this chapter extra-long. The amount of support I'm getting from this book is phenomenal. You guys don't understand how happy it makes me when I see votes, comments and reads popping up left right and centre for the book. It may not look like many to you guys, but to me it's a shit load.

I'll try and update again as soon as I can, but my Mom has recently became really sick so I'm busy helping her some of the time. J

***

I curiously looked around at my surroundings as I walked into a small house located dead in the middle of the forest. The house was had a medium sized open area surrounding the house that acted the role of a front and back yard. Michael expertly found the light switch on the wall in the dimmed light and immediately the room flooded with light.

Michael's home was small, but it wasn't crowded or suffocating. The long brown couch and small wooden table were placed at perfect distance from the average sized TV, and the small dining room table was on the opposite side of the room. To the right of the front entrance was the kitchen, half hidden behind a wall that came half way into the room. The bench top and stove were visible from where I was standing and I assume the sink, fridge and pantry were hidden behind the small wall. To the left there was two doors leading to somewhere I might find out later.

I wondered to myself how often he actually lived in here. There was the odd jumper thrown over the back of the couch and the back of a kitchen chair and as expected on the tables were some paper and a newspaper. Apart from that it was tidy. How the hell does he keep it so clean?

'Nice place,' I commented, still taking on my surroundings. There were no photos of himself or family and friends, but even then the house still managed to have a homey feel to it.

'Thanks love,' he smiled down at me and walked up to my side, wrapping an arm around me. He led me over to the couch and the whole minute I've been in here I can't help but love the smell of Michael that flooded through every inch of the room. We sat down and he flicked the TV on then passed the remote control to me. 'You choose.' He simply stated.

I pressed the channel button and flicked through all of the stations but nothing ever caught my interest. The news, more news, In the Night Garden, Adventure time, another news show. All of it was just boring. I sighed and looked over at Michael who was jigging his legs up and down, as if he was nervous about something. He just couldn't seem to sit still, and he was like that at Reece's and Maddie's place all day too.

'Are you okay?' I questioned him concerned. He glanced my way and gave me a small smile.

'Bit restless, my wolf hasn't been out for a couple days.' He explained, his face and voice back in the same expressionless tone as always. I wondered to myself what he meant by that and he seemed to understand my silent question because he continued speaking with a knowing look on his face.

'When I haven't shifted for a while my wolf gets a bit restless and very agitated. It's like when you just sit down for days and do nothing. Your muscles and bones get sore and cramped and you just want to move around. His just like that.' He said clearing it up. I nodded my head in understanding but an amused smile crept its way onto my face.

'What?' he cocked an eyebrow and scooted himself closer to me on the couch and wrapped a toned arm around my shoulder. Small sparks, for lacking of a better words, tingled on my shoulder and I willed myself to forget about it and continue the conversation like a normal human being, even though I knew that I wanted more.

'Nothing,' I said smiling and shaking my head. When his face stayed the same curious look I told him. 'You're gonna think this sounds stupid, but whenever you mention your wolf I just imagine a small wolf running around in your lungs or head or something,' I said with a small laugh.