Chapter Seventeen

As I watched the car drive away I felt nothing but sadness. That's right, Blake's one week holiday was over and Tanner was driving him to the airport for another three weeks of hard work time. Even though this happens quite often in the past three and a bit years, no matter how many times it happens it doesn't make it any easier.

I snuggled myself even more into Michael's body. His arm was wrapped around my waist and he stood in silence not knowing what to say to make me feel better. I let out a long sigh and looked up at Michael. He was already looking at me with concerned eyes, so I threw him a lazy grin to show that I'm fine and just being a drama queen.

'Come on love, we need to get you seated again,' he fussed, leading me into the box and over to the couch.

'No!' I protested. 'You've made me sit down for days. I need to move, to surf.' I whined. A stern look from Michael got me to groan loudly in protest and I threw my head back against the wall, only to meet with a soft feeling.

Snapping my eyes open, I notice the outstretched arm of Michael. His hand was placed on the wall, practically cupping my head and preventing me from hurting myself. Glaring daggers at Michael, I groaned once more and closed my eyes.

As I closed my eyes, trying to think of any way that could get me moving with Michaels 'okay'.

The past three days since the incident consisted of me sitting down and having showers. Literally. I wasn't allowed to even sit up the day after the mal rider hit me because Michael was afraid that my headache would come back. The second day I was finally allowed to sit, and today I was walking around. Talk about being a pain in the ass.

I had gotten today off work as sick leave which Sally said was 100% fine because she knows exactly what I went through. She said it was smart to not leave bed, so it felt like everybody was gaining up on me. Was it too much to ask to be allowed to leave my room unsupervised?

Although I must admit Michael has been great company for me. He would be sweet and get me anything I wanted and was always checking up on me to make sure I wasn't feeling dizzy or anything. Obviously Blake and Tanner hung out with me as well and were just as concerned. Even Emily my best girl friend who I hadn't seen in months because she was away on a huge holiday came to check up on me two nights ago.

Naturally we kicked all the guys out of my room. To say Michael was unimpressed was an understatement. He felt as if I were to be left alone with Em something bad would happen and he wouldn't be there to help me. After much convincing and getting a set bedtime (which we ignored) he left us alone to feast on junk food all night, laughing and catching up with each other as I listened to all of her exciting adventures she went on.

'You've been standing up for a while,' Michael muttered. 'Do you feel dizzy or anything? A headache?' he questioned. I responded with a loud groan.

'The only headache I have is from you making me sit down and making me do absolutely nothing,' I complained. 'I feel fine, honestly. So how about we go and do something fun that doesn't involve staying in the one spot and I'll tell you if I feel dizzy straight away.' I pleaded. Michael looked at me for a moment, deciding on his answer. He showed no emotion to what side he would lean to.

'Do you promise?' he questioned, inspecting my eyes closely for any signs of a lie.

'Promise,' I said probably a bit too enthusiastically. A small nod of his head resulted in me running to my room to collect my converses while Michael was calling out for me to slow down.

I returned about three minutes later with my shoes done up and my phone and wallet in hand. I had changed out of my pajamas shirt and shorts and into a pair of light blue denim shorts and a blue and white stripped singlet top.