Chapter 1

"Do you believe in angels?"

Rei Matsumi, a thin-framed guy asked Elena. He was too tall for his lanky body. One thing was just attractive in him: his crystal blue eyes. It was quite weird for a pure Japanese to have eyes like that.

Elena Marcantonio, an Italian-American lady, shot him a glance.

Angels...Elena suddenly thought. 'Hah! What a blasphemy!' Her mind exclaimed before giving him a quick answer.

"No."

Rei suddenly bolted upright because of her cold answer. He never thought that she would respond to him like that. Confusion and fear crept up in his skin when Elena walked past him and left a death glare.

Angel. It was a word she believed when she was a little girl. Now that she got older, why would she care? What she has just experienced before made her what she is right now. Elena didn't just despise angels, she also hated Him.

Feeling the cold weather, she wore her coat. Elena dug her car keys and went inside her car. While looking at her own reflection, she eventually realized something. She was well-off. For what? She did not know.

Despite of Elena's fortune, she always felt empty. What good will her all wealth give? There was never a single good thing that was given to her by their so-called God because she had no one.

That word returned everything that she wanted to forget. When she came to face darkness, everything changed. The memories which she kept locked haunted her again.

Elena carelessly drove her sleek black car. For now, she did not care what will happen. The place seemed to be quite far from where she came from. Right now, she felt like hell was drawing her closer. The engine abruptly halted when she came to face a truck. It was speeding up into her car face to face! Elena instinctively turned the steering wheel until it nearly crashed the metal post.

The car nearly killed her! Well, it was not a problem for her anymore for she felt nothing. Elena examined herself. Looking at the mirror, she was quite surprised by her hollow expression.

"Whatever." That was all she just said before to the place where she wants to.

Upon reaching her house, the dark ambiance of the house greeted her. And again, she felt a little sad. 'And why would I be sad?' her mind wandered. Slowly, the sadness turned into anger until all she felt was hatred. Elena threw everything she saw on the cold granite floor. The floor was maybe lucky to withstand everything that she threw.

Unsatisfied for what she did, she hurried up to the distant hallway leading to the staircases. At the second floor of the house, it had two rooms. On her right side was a guest room and the other one was her room. Elena sluggishly approached the door. A pale colored room greeted her. It was twice as big as a normal room. Elena hurriedly walked in front of the mirror and looked at her reflection.

Elena's pinkish skin turned pale. The smooth silky hair she owned became similar to a beggar's messed hair. Her face looked pallid. It did not seem to have a life.

If there were things that didn't change, that would be her facial features. Luscious lips paired her pointed nose. Perfectly carved eyebrows were positioned above her eyes. Eyes that could have looked like a diamond turned lifeless. Emotionless. It was ice cold. Elena's own eyes gave her goose bumps.

Dark circles formed below her eyes. Her dry lips looked like it would nearly crack and bleed immediately. Well, she would be glad to make it bleed. That was even better compared to the pang in her chest right now. The pain was unfathomable.