Chapter 8 (The Woman)

"Can you tell me why I ended up alone in this place with you?" Elena asked Lothair angrily.

"Relax amour. They will return after two days." He told her reassuringly.

The two of them are currently in the living room (or hall), as Lothair said it. Elena punched him in the face. He deserved it for not waking her up. Elena just woke up early in the morning and was shocked to see Lothair's face that was just a few nano meters away from her face.

"Please stay calm. I do not want to get hit again." He told her. His blackened eye was already starting to heal. It was faster than Elena could ever imagine considering that it was just a few minutes ago.

For the fifth time, Lothair explained the situation that they were in. "I already told you that they are going to Alaska to fix some issues with other Houses. If you are left here, you could probably get lost in this place."

"Is that all?"

"If there were intruders, who would be left to defend this House and you?" he told her in a calm manner.

"So you're telling me that there are others out there," Elena asked and Lothair nodded. "And there are more of us than I expected?" He nodded again.

"What I'm trying to say is that there are other Houses located in almost all of the countries of the world."

"And?"

"And," he mimicked her. "They are a bunch of weird people."

"Wow! I didn't expect you to say that. You, of all people, said that. Now it makes me wonder how weird they are."

"Trust me; you wouldn't want to know how weird they are. Lest you experience it, try not to regret saying that this House is full of weird people."

"I highly doubt that."

"Okay, I'm staying silent for now," he made a gesture like he was zipping his own mouth. Feeling relieved, Elena closed her eyes.

"Oh yeah, before I forget, there is something I would like to tell you." Elena eyes immediately opened.

"I thought you're going to shut up?" she told him exasperatedly.

"Oh." That was all that he uttered before motioning himself to leave.

"Wait," she told him. Lothair turned and flashed his ever annoying grin.

"I knew you couldn't stand me."

"Dream on," she retorted angrily. "I'm just wondering how my training would be now that Ajax is not around."

Lothair's eyes lit up as a sign of acknowledgement. "I can train you."

"Excuse me?"

"Do you not believe in me?"

"The answer is obvious."

"Then come. Let me show you something," He told her excitedly.

They promptly arrived at the training hall.

"Aren't you going to change?" Elena asked Lothair.

"Fortunately, I would not need that because I will just show you something." He wiggled his eyebrows to her.

"What would you show me, specifically?" Elena lifted her left eyebrow.

Lothair was immediately out of sight. After a few seconds, he returned with two human dummies. He carefully placed them at the center of the pavilion. They were about ten meters away from each other.