Chapter 10

"As a part of being a seraph, we still have other abilities that you don't know. One of these is flowing." Jane's red eyes slowly bore into Elena. Elena saw the gradual change of Jane's eye color to crimson. Jane already had her attention. "This is a kind of running that would make us disappear gradually in our position. It is much faster than running or sprinting."

                "So how is this done?" Elena curiously asked Jane. Jane smiled sweetly.

                "You can do this by focusing some of your energy into your feet." Elena's brow creased as a sign of confusion. Jane immediately realized that. "Oh! I forgot that Ajax would brief you this matter. This must be an effect of old age."

                Elena remained silent for a few seconds.

                "What I said earlier was a joke," Jane uneasily told Elena.

                "Oh..." That was all she could muster to say.

                "You know? For someone who is just a few decades old, you are quite a serious one." Jane silently articulated Elena. She just replied the young girl with a shrug.

                After a few hours of awkward silence, Elena finally got out of the library. She was absolutely thankful for that. After her encounter with Asmodeus, she was pretty sure that a part of her somehow changed. Elena just could not figure out what it was.

                The walk to the training hall was puzzling but she wanted it that way. For once, she wanted to have more time alone with herself. After the heavy training sessions she had with Ajax, she was sure as hell every inch of her body stung. If her first training was already petrifying, the past few days were already abominating.

                The whole place is still a labyrinth for Elena but at least she somehow got used to it. That's what she thinks.

                As soon as she reached the hall, she saw no one. Elena began to wonder. "Ajax!" She called out. "I'm here!" She screamed louder so that Ajax may hear her.

                On the dark side of the wall, a shadow emerged slowly. Elena gasped in shock.

                "A-alexander..."

                "Unfortunately, Ajax is not here around." He silently walked towards her. And then she felt that same feeling again. That was the somewhat the same with what she felt when Asmodeus met her. Every inch and breath Alexander creates always had that same eerie effect. Death. It reminded her of death.

                "That is the reason why I am here; to train you." Goosebumps conquered her skin like it always did. Elena felt afraid of Alexander's mere presence.

                'I had every reason to.' She mentally scolded herself.

                "I-isn't Nero-o a-around?" she stuttered. Alexander's right eye twitched for the fraction of a second.

                'And now your time is over, stupid Elena.' She scolded herself even more.

                "Your time has not yet come," Alexander authoritatively told her.

                "H-how–"

                "This is not the proper time to discuss such trivial matters. I am going to train you and that is definite." Even though his voice was calm, every cell in Elena's body kept on telling her that it was a threat.