Chapter 9

"Wake up." These were the two words that woke Elena. After feeling her skin tingle, she immediately knew who that person was.

"Alexander." She muttered breathlessly. She breathed heavily with a fast rate. It made Elena sit promptly.

"Can you tell me what you remember in the last time you were conscious?" He just asked her simply.

"I-I –I ...um." She stammered. "I-I m-met a-a ma- man." Finally she finished her sentence.

"Do you remember his name?" he asked her in a nonchalant manner. Elena nodded.

"Asmodeus." Alexander's right eyebrows twitched. It made her shudder in fear.

"Ah, Asmodeus." He finally responded and Elena flinched as a reflex. He seemed to remember a very old memory which had just been unearthed from the deep ground. "Did he do something to you?" He asked her again.

Elena could not answer properly so she just shook her head as an indication that she is fine. Her whole body was still shaking. After a few seconds of calming herself, she got up from the bed.

"It seems like that was the case." He inched closer to her direction. Elena's whole body stilled. After a while, he dug something from his pockets and presented it to her. It was a necklace with a black elongated gem dangling at its bottom. A white smoke encircled the gem.

"Wear this," he told her. Elena could not even have the courage to respond and decline his offer. Alexander swiftly reached her back. If her body was thumping loudly before, it was two times louder now. She suddenly felt something heavy on her neck. It was the necklace.

Alexander returned to his previous position. He eyed the necklace and looked at her face. "Touch the gem." He ordered her. She obliged ambivalently. The whole necklace vanished in her neck. She was shocked to witness that.

"You and I are the only ones who can have the power to make it visible again. Remember this. It will be useful in times of danger." He advised her in a calm manner.

"How will it be useful?" she asked him. Her voice was not yet that normal.

"You will find the answers all by yourself." With that, he was already gone.

Elena hastily fixed herself until she was presentable enough. Loud consecutive knocks came from the door. "Come in," she shouted. The door swung open and revealed Kim's worried and haggard expression.

"Did someone enter in your room?" he asked her anxiously.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"Who?" He asked her again.

"It was just Alexander." Kim could not hide the shock that was evident from his face. He managed to return it to its normal state after a few seconds.

"Oh," he weakly exclaimed and left the room without another word.

'Well that was a very weird encounter with him.' She thought.

Elena heard a little noise. Immediately looking up, she saw Jane looking at her worriedly. Elena felt relieved to recognize her presence.

"Elena," she eyed her apologetically.

"What's wrong?" Elena asked her questioningly.