Chapter 4

Elena never imagined that she would be staying in New York.

And here she is, walking with a lot of people that never had anything to do with her. There were some words that she would use to compare New York to Japan.

Compared to Japan, New York was busier and well...noisier. Buildings were even higher in New York. If there were things that she would miss in Japan, it would be ramen stops and bath houses. Those things were really considered cheap but it was what she wanted after all.

While thinking of Japan, she remembered how she quit her job. It was the least painful thing that happened to her. She just explained to their president and looked at how Margaux shed her tears for her. It was too bad that the tears were just wasted.

Elena's thoughts were interrupted when a middle aged man accidentally bumped into her. He wore a serious expression. Elena deduced that he is a businessman and he was probably some boss. Judging by the look on his face, it seemed like bumping into her did not matter and he would not even dare to apologize.

If that was absolutely the case, Elena would not even care. She just walked past him without even batting an eyelash.

After two months of staying in the place, Elena had been quite familiar with the area already. It was not really hard to memorize the places in the whole city because she has a pretty good memory.

The silent churning of her stomach made her smile faintly. It was noon, after all, she needed a meal. Elena finally decided to go back to her hotel. The walk to her temporary place was not tiring because it was somewhat at the center of the city.

Upon entering the huge building, a man dressed in a red suit greeted her. Elena just nodded in return. The reception part of the place was neither elegant nor cheap. It was just normal.

Elena always liked normal things. It was neither complicated nor easy. In that way she would just be on the neutral side. It would always be constant.

Ding. The elevator made a faint noise that reminded Elena that she has just arrived at her floor.

Her feet made a sound while walking. The main reason behind that would be her boots.

Elena swiped the card to open her room. A warm feeling greeted her. It was homey and nice. It made her feel that she belonged in that place.

Her room was a just a normal sized room. It did not even matter to her anyway.

For twenty minutes, Elena silently cooked for her meal. Another twenty minutes was spent for her eating time.

Boredom became familiar to her when she went to the place. There were still a lot of cash for her to spend. It would even be more than enough even if she reaches her old age and die -if that will even happen.

Elena mentally sighed. There must be something that she should do in order to kill the boredom that she feels.

'Oh well. It wouldn't hurt if I find myself a job.' Elena silently uttered.

***

Elena spent three days in finding a job. After all, it was not hard for her to find a job.

She had a fun time looking for jobs and that. There were a lot of companies that she had an interview on. One of them caught her attention.

That company ensured her that she would definitely be of good use. There was something odd about them. It made her feel quite uneasy. It was something new. Elena wanted to experience that, so she decided to do it. For three times, she reminded herself that she was going to accept that as a challenge.