Nineteen- Healing

I don't waist another second to shift back into my wolf form and throw myself at the wall again. I scramble to catch solid footing but the wall is too steep and the mud doesn't hold me. I put every ounce of energy I can into climbing but I always slip before I reach the top.

I've got to warn them, I concentrate on the pack's mind link and I almost fall over from the force of shouting I hear in my head.

Lenora! Where are you? Damon sounds desperate and worried.

Where are the rouges? Damon's father asks, sounding much calmer than Damon does.

Lenora saw them on the west side. Damon answers but he still sounds breathless.

Lenora? The slut? Thomas, the son of the Beta, growls in distrust.

Don't call her that! Damon is quick to defend me and Thomas whimpers in submission.

We need to focus on the rouges. The Alpha speaks again.

We should attack now! Another voice, one that I can't recognize, shouts.

We don't know what we are running into. The Alpha reasons.

Stop! I've had enough listening to the pack banter and waist precious time. Get Maika to show you where the back entrance to the pack house is. That's where they are headed.

As the Gamma's daughter, I have access to a mind link open to all of the high ranked wolves of the pack. It is hardly ever used except in rare occasions and even then, it takes a lot of concentration to stay connected to the link of so many wolves at once. I'm not used to it since I never had to use it before and the strain wears me out more than my efforts to escape do.

I lie down again and try to lower my heart rate to calm myself but I'm too anxious. My eyes wander around my entrapment for a way out but there is none.

Unless... a new idea comes to mind.

It doesn't seem logical or reasonable but I don't have any other ideas to try. So I shift back into my bare human form with no one around. I then try to climb the wall once again.

Instead of using strength to pull myself up the wall, I move slowly and deliberately so that I disrupt the least amount of soil possible. I climb in a gradual diagonal line so that it is not as steep.

My maneuvers appear to be working as I successfully climb higher than I did in my wolf form. My human body allows me to balance and grip the wall in ways my wolf cannot. 

It takes every ounce out of me to pull myself up but as soon as I feel damp grass against my finger tips, I let out a breath of air I didn't know I was holding.

"Thank you Jesus," I swear between my panting breaths. I don't waste anymore time and I shift into my wolf once more.

I take off running in the direction I know the rouges are headed. A small voice in the back of my head warns me about facing a hundred plus rouges by myself but I tell it to go to hell.

My pack is in danger.

I push my legs faster and faster past blurring trees. I strain my ears forwards to listen for the rouges and I breath through my mouth to find their scent.

Abruptly, I stop short and crouch down. A little over a hundred yards in front of me the rouges are gathered around the rocks that lead to the cave.

The basement entrance to the pack house. How did they know about it? How did they find it?