Five

Isabella

"So... what are you going to wear" my best friend Ciara asks as she sits in my living room.

"I don't know, he just said "dress nice." Whatever that means" I sigh.

"You look great in everything, don't stress. Come on, lets go look at what we're working with" she says pulling me off the couch and to my bedroom. She sits me on the edge of my bed and goes into my closet. She starts tossing things on the floor mumbling an "no" every once in a while. I start to frown knowing she was making a mess but I was the one who had to clean it up.

"Ah yes, this is it" she says pretty happy with herself. She comes out of my closet with a black dress I didn't even know was in there.

"What's that from" I ask.

"Your 21st birthday... remember" she smirks and I blush.

"Not in the least" I admit.

"That's okay, I remember it so I'll never let you forget it" she claims and I roll my eyes.

"Okay, so I got a dress. What shoes" I wonder.

"Black pumps" she says.

"And hair and makeup" I wonder.

"I got the hair and you don't need makeup" she explains and I smile.

"I have the best best friend ever" I claim.

She goes to work on my hair as we talk. Nicholas joins us after he wakes up from his nap because he wanted to have "the talk" with me.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do" he starts and I laugh.

"You would do a lot more than I would" I smile.

"Lets keep it that way" he says pointing his little finger at me.

"What else" I encourage.

"No more than hugging" he says and I look at him weird.

"We already kissed" I remind him.

"Okay, no more than kissing" he says and I raise a eyebrow at him.

"What is there more than kissing" I ask a little scared to know what he's doing to say.

"Cuddling, duh" he scoffs and I laugh. Of course, what was I thinking?

"And what else" I ask.

"Lastly... and most important, you have to bring me home ice cream" he says and I laugh.

"Of course" I smile cupping his chin.

I get my hair curled and styled and slip into my dress. I pull on my shoes and some sparkly earring before calling it. I hear the doorbell ring and I look at my phone, it was 6 o'clock exactly. I walk out my room and see my little brother standing on the cabinet so he was taller than Anthony. He likes to act like he's big sometimes, it's cute really. He bends down so he sees eye to eye with Anthony and leans in even closer.

"What are your intentions with my sister" Nicholas asks and I snicker.

"We're going to have a nice meal, get to know each other and figure some things out" Anthony says.

"Alright... sounds good to me. I want her back by 10 o clock and if there's no ice cream don't come back at all" he threatens and I shake my head. Where does this kid hear those things.

"Thank you for everything, watch Nick closely and if you even think something is wrong call me please" I beg hugging Ciara.

"Of course. Have fun... but not too much fun" she says and I laugh.

I walk over to Anthony and he smiles big. He looks me up and down before reaching for my hand. He laces his fingers through mine and brings me to his side. He kisses my forehead and I couldn't help but smile.

"Watch it mister" Nicky warns and we laugh.

We get to the restaurant and get seated quickly. We order some wine and our food before talking.

"So, how are things going with Nick" he asks and I smile.

"He's doing pretty good. He's been coughing more lately and it's making me paranoid but he has a doctors appointment he has to go to in order to go to school in a few weeks. It's just a check up on his heart and seeing where we go from here. Make sure he's able to go to school even if it's just for a little. It's a miracle he's made it this long but I know he still has so much more life left in him" I sigh.

"I see it too" he says placing a hand on mine.

"What about you? How are you doing in the big city" I ask.

"I'm getting around. The guys on the team take good care of me. If I get them hits they get me food so it's a good deal" he shrugs.

"Do you like it here" I ask.

"I love it, this place is so great. I couldn't think of a better place to discover myself" he claims.

"Who do you think you are" I ask and he pauses. He looks at me and sets his wine glass down.

"I don't know. I'm someone who wants to help people. Who wants to help this next generation come up and actually make a difference in people's life lives. I want to make a difference in people's lives" he says assuredly.

"You're making a difference in mine" I say and he smiles.

"Good, I was hoping I could" he admits.

We spend the rest of the night taking about baseball. Our favorite memories and what we would like to see. The whole night the laughter gets louder and the wine gets sweeter. Eventually the night comes to a end and we were both pretty tipsy.

"It's almost ten, I should get you back before your brother kills me" he snickers and I nod.

"We should probably get a cab" I insist.

"You're probably right" he nods.

We catch a cab back to my place and make it back in time. We stumble in the front door and my brother stood there with his arms crossed tapping his foot.

"You're cutting it kinda close there mister" he says staring at Anthony as we try to calm the giggles but fail miserably.

"I'm sorry Nicky, it won't happen again" he says and I try to stile my laughter.

"It's better not" my brother warns before walking away. As soon as he is out of sight we break down into laughter.

"Alright, I better get back to the cab. I'm sure he still has the meter running" Anthony says and I pout. "What's wrong" he asks.

"I don't want you to go" I whine and he smiles.

"I don't want to go" he claims.

"Why don't you stay" I ask.

"Because we're drunk and I don't think that's a good idea" he insists.

"Why not" I frown.

"Because I won't be able to control myself" he whispers in my ear. I feel goose bumps pop is as he runs his hands up and down my arms.

"Okay" I whisper. He places a kiss on my lips and suddenly I wasn't that upset.

"Goodnight Ella" he says and I smile.

"Goodnight Anthony". I watch him go and my head drops. I crawl into the living room where Ciara was watching tv and lay my head in her lap. She plays with my hair as we watch.

"Did you have fun" she asks.

"You know, that was the first actual date I've had since Nick was born" I say.

"Really, you never went on a date with any of the guys you talked to? Not even Ryan" she asks.

"No, Nick wouldn't let me" I say and she laughs.

"That's right. He likes the cardinals and Nicky almost sent himself to he hospital when he found out" she remembers.

"Yeah, that wasn't good. But he loves Anthony" I smile.

"He's good for him" she agrees. "He's good for you too" she comments. That's he is.