Twenty One

Isabella

After spending a few extra days with Anthony's parents down in Florida we get back to sweet home Chicago. I loved being where it was a bit warmer and spending so much time with Laurie and john but this was home for me, always has been.

We decide to spend New Years at home and celebrate the holiday with my best friend Ciara. She was like a third mom to Nick and always helped and stuff and I am so thankful for her. She's one of the many blessing in my life and I couldn't begin to explain just how great it is to have her.

Anthony also invited Jon over but I wasn't sure if he could make it. He was this huge figure in Chicago so he probably had a bunch of plans if he wasn't saving the hockey world or something. But we thought we should at least offer it up in case he's alone this New Year's Eve. I haven't heard his response but I wasn't worried, the house was clean since we haven't been here so I was ready.

Ciara comes over about noon and helps me make snacks. We make pigs in a blanket and cupcakes among other little things. Once Nick wakes up from his nap we let the festivities begin. Because is it really a party without Nicky?

We open the day up with some football because there was a bowl game and the Gators were in it so naturally Anthony was interested. Halfway through the game the doorbell rings and I become confused.

"Who's that" I ask.

"That would be Jonathan" Anthony says.

"Oh! Well by all means welcome him in" I encourage. I slide out of Anthony's embrace and he gets up. Nick takes his spot on the couch and I laugh.

"Jonathan who" Ciara asks.

"Toews" I say and she spits her drink out.

"What the hell Izzy, you can't just drop information like that on someone! You might be used to all the professional athletes hanging around but I'm not used to name dropping like that" she argues.

"Why does it matter, we're just hanging out. Unless... unless you have a crush on him" I whisper and she smacks my leg.

"Shut up" she blushes and I smile like crazy.

Ciara has been my best friend since high school. She's actually graduated from college and works as a nutritionist in Chicago so she's been stuck with me for a while. She helps people stay healthy and happy and is really good at her job. So naturally she's really fit, a little taller than me but that's not saying much with how short I am. She had long red hair and brown eyes, really freaking pretty. She could be a super model if she wasn't into the body and how it works instead of what goes on it. We first met in chemistry class and nearly blew the school up when I did the equation wrong, and it's been her and I ever since. She's helped take care of Nick when I couldn't and she's one of the few people I trust with him. He calls her his aunt and she is one of his best friends. I think he just thinks she cute but whatever rocks his boat.

Jonathan comes in and I say hi. We introduce him to Ciara and they stare at each other. I look between the two and I have to admit, I like where this is going.

"Have we met before" Jon asks her.

"I think you stopped by my nutritionist office the other day" she nods.

"That's right, you're the super pretty girl who's supposed to help me feel better. Small world" he smiles and she starts to blush.

"That it is" she agrees. Anthony gives him a tour of the place and I turn to her with the brightest smile.

"Don't" she warns.

"You liiiike him" I sing.

"Please no" she begs.