Thirty

Isabella

Nicholas and I spent most of our time at spring training just messing around Arizona waiting for Anthony to get done with practices. Some of the other families were there so we hung out with them or we would play in the pool. I missed being back home but it was nice to get away. Nick has a new heart and he has all the freedom in the world to test it out. He's no longer out of breath easily or grabbing for his chest or suddenly really tired. He's a kid and he's happy and I finally feel like something is going right in my life.

I watch as Nick jumps in the pool and makes a huge splash. Charlie jumps in after him and they swim to where I was in the shallow end.

"What is that one" he asks.

"I give it a 8.5" I announce and he pouts.

"Darn" he huffs getting out and goes to the edge of the pool to jump again. He was determined to get a ten but he was a small boy, I wasn't sure what he was expecting.

I sit on the shallow end of the pool with my legs in the water just relaxing. I had a swim suit on but didn't feel like messing with my hair later on. We were going out to dinner with some of the guys tonight and I needed to keep Nicholas preoccupied until then so I was just going to sit in the pool and chill out.

Nick jumps in the pool at the same time as Charlie getting me a little wet this time. He resurfaces with the biggest smile and I shake my head.

"A nine and you got me wet" I laugh.

"Not my fault you came down to the pool and didn't want to get wet" he argues.

"My legs are in the pool, I'm getting wet" I defend.

"Suuure" he drags on and I roll my eyes.

The next thing I know someone gabs my waist and lifts me off the ground. I let out a squeal as I am lifted high in the air.

"Anthony" I scream as Nick claps his hands from the side line. I knew it was him.

"You look like you wanted to swim" he claims.

"You wouldn't dare" I challenge. The next thing I know I get flung into the pool and I resurface safely.

"Ohhh I'm gonna kill you" I laugh trying to reorganize myself.

"I think that splash was a ten, what about you" Nicholas asks.

"Yeah I thought it was pretty good" Anthony agrees.

"You guys suck" I say jumping out of the pool.

"Come on, you love me" Anthony claims.

"I do, come here" I say and he backs away.

"No you're all wet" he claims. I wrap my arms around him anyway and latch my hands on his back. "Ughhhh Izzy" he groans. He tries to get away but not that hard.

"I love you soooo" much I sing song. I feel a pair of arms around my legs and see Nick down there.

"Group hug" he yells and I smile big. Eventually Anthony gives in and wraps his arms around us.

"I feel disgusting on the outside but warm in the inside" Anthony claims and I laugh.

"That's what you get for being a ass hole" I tease.

"Ohhh you said ass" Nick gasps.

"So did you" I tease and he sticks out his tongue.

"Alright well I have to dry off and we all have to get ready for dinner" he announces as we break apart.